WTB: Welder

dorifto240

Thanks everyone for the responses!

I work for a welding giant I will see if they have any deals going on. you looking for mig or stick?

I'd like to eventually get a MIG, but I know my budget limits my options pretty heavily. But I'd still be interested to know what's available, and I can start saving up some pennies.

If your needs ( and budget ) change, and you decided you wanted a portable gas powered stick welder / generator, i have one of those for sale.

Thank you, I hope my budget changes soon!

agreed if you decide you want a standard stick welder/ electric let me know i'll let go of mine for $50. i think i have some steel sticks too still i'll toss in and a mask

PM sent!

What do you want to weld? Thickness? Mig is good for thin stuff but in your price range id say you you would probably be stuck with stick. I have a 140 amp mig welder and it would weld 3/8 rod to 5/8 with a bit of work. But that was maxing it out. Now I also have a Miller 252 should have just bought a bigger one from the beginning. Save up and go big if you ever want to weld a lot of thick metal.

What do you want to weld? Thickness? Mig is good for thin stuff but in your price range id say you you would probably be stuck with stick. I have a 140 amp mig welder and it would weld 3/8 rod to 5/8 with a bit of work. But that was maxing it out. Now I also have a Miller 252 should have just bought a bigger one from the beginning. Save up and go big if you ever want to weld a lot of thick metal.

Less than 1/8in (mostly gusseting and gas tanks) is most of what I'll be working with.

TwiztedRabbit is hooking me up with his welder this weekend. But thanks for all the ideas and suggestions guys!