favorite/least favorite handguns

crb

Just thought this might be interesting conversation.

What is your favorite and least favorite handgun or manufacturer?

Let's be civil

Favorite:

Revolver S&W

Semi SigSauer (I really like the DA/SA Sig trigger)

Least favorite

Semi glock (nothing wrong with them u just don't like the grip angle)

Hi point is a close second

Edited by crb

Favorite:

H&K (also like the DA/SA trigger...a lot of people swear by the LEM but im not sold for cc)

Least favorite:

Walther (i had a ppk/s that was a total jam factory - i know its ironic since i just had one for sale...but that was made by Umarex, not Walther)

i would also say hi-point but ive never owned one so i can't say much....they are truly the ugliest guns ever made though

special mention to remington also - even though its a handgun thread....they would be my number 1 dislike overall...what a joke

Edited by Steve Butters

Favorite:

H&K (also like the DA/SA trigger...a lot of people swear by the LEM but im not sold for cc)

Least favorite:

Walther (i had a ppk/s that was a total jam factory - i know its ironic since i just had one for sale...but that was made by Umarex, not Walther)

i would also say hi-point but ive never owned one so i can't say much....they are truly the ugliest guns ever made though

special mention to remington also - even though its a handgun thread....they would be my number 1 dislike overall...what a joke

My Interarms PPK/S sucked. My SW PPK is 100% reliable.

Favorites;

Luger P-08

Springfield 1911

Ruger MKII

I have several others I own and enjoy but one or more of those three will always be at the range with me.

Least favorite;

Beretta Neos; sold it, horrible trigger.

Glock; I have shot the 40cal (never owned one), darn accurate and nice trigger. I just don't like the grips and the feel of it.

Favorite:

Least favorite:

Remington did have a 1911 out this year.

Favorites:

Revolver:

Smith and Wesson/Dan Wesson

Semi Auto:

Springfield

Smith and Wesson

Least Favorites:

Revolver:

don't really have one.....

Semi Auto:

Hi-Point

Kel-Tec

Glock (only because of the grip angle, they make a great gun tho)

I based mine on actual personal use of the weapons.

Based only on the firearms I've shot...

Smith and Wesson is on top of my favorites. I will also mention that my dad owns a Walther PPK and him and I have both put a lot of rounds through it and never had an issue, it's a great little firearm.

My least favorite of what I've shot was the Ruger LCP, but mostly because it was just too small, it shot accurate and never had any issues.

Best/Worst.... all in one. I had a beautifully blued Browning Hi-Power with Walnut grips. I've never had a gun so pretty or point so naturally. But it stovepiped two or three times with every magazine. Of course I sold it. I will not own a gun that isn't 100% reliable. Break-in period my ass.

My Glock 19 is flawless and I do love real Sigs ... not that P250 POS or mosquitoes. And as I stated earlier, my PPK is a fine .380.... one of the best out there.

The only mainstream brand that I refuse to buy is Taurus. That's just me though.

That calls for a tough decision because if I don't like it I don't keep it.

As far as a revolver it is a toss up between my Dan Wesson .44 magnum in 8 3/8" heavy stainless and my Ruger GP100 .357 magnum in 6" heavy blued.

As far as a semi-autos it is a toss up between my 1911 that is a pieces and parts gun that was built as a bowling pin shooter and my Glock 21 that is one of the first generation of their .45's.

Favorite revolver:

Ruger SP101 2" DOA in .357, SS

S&W 500 for grins & giggles, too $ & uncomfortable for lots of shooting

Favorite semi:

Glock (22, 23 and 26)

Sig P250

Browning Buckmark .22LR

Least favorite revolver:

none really

Least favorite semi:

Walther PPK (PPK/S), I'm sure it was me but I never could get the gun to sit well in my hand

HK P7M8