Anyone else miss this? US contractors tortured for reporting illegal activities?

Casper

The little pussies were threatened with beatings and cold while being detained shut the fuck up. They weren't in our country they were in a war zone trying to profit by being there. They lose their rights and protections, fuck them. Rumsfeld will not be harmed by this a higher court will make a better decision. This is no big deal and should go away.

The little pussies were threatened with beatings and cold while being detained shut the fuck up. They weren't in our country they were in a war zone trying to profit by being there. They lose their rights and protections, fuck them. Rumsfeld will not be harmed by this a higher court will make a better decision. This is no big deal and should go away.

since when is it ok for the American government to capture and torture its own citizens?

if they had been charged with something or even declared security risks, i could MAYBE understand where youre coming from

but in the end, neither of those things happened.

They weren't tortured, they were inconvenienced. They were creating an extra burden on our troops by being there. They would love the care they got had others gotten hold of them if they weren't living under the umbrella of our militaries protection. They are little whiney trouble makers who should direct their anger at the proper source.

They weren't tortured, they were inconvenienced. They were creating an extra burden on our troops by being there. They would love the care they got had others gotten hold of them if they weren't living under the umbrella of our militaries protection. They are little whiney trouble makers who should direct their anger at the proper source.

i guess i take back my original comment - your post got me to go back and re-read part of the article

The men claim they were deprived of sleep, food and water, held in extremely cold cells without warm clothing, and threatened with beatings.

i was reading torture and expected actual torture, not making them skip a meal...guess i overlooked this part of the article first pass

Contractors & Private Security Forces = Mercenaries

Most are elite ex-special forces. They are 'contracted' for missions that in many cases are outside the rules of engagement for the US Military. They serve a purpose. They assume a VERY high level of risk and in turn they are paid well.

What happened to them might have been wrong and if they have evidence against their employers they should have them prosecuted but being detained by our military doesn't mean they were tortured. I’m positive that there is a very strict protocol for the treatment of prisoners and would highly doubt our troops would torture American citizens.

The article says they were "threatened with beatings." ...Damn thats harsh...Seriosly? To me it sounds like they are trying to profit. Im not saying it was right but they way the headline made it sound.....LMAO

Contractors & Private Security Forces = Mercenaries

Most are elite ex-special forces.

really? I always kind of thought that was a misconception perpetuated by Hollywood.

I find it a little hard to believe that special forces guys see mercenary as the next step in their career. private security domestically, okay, but I've never heard of anyone retiring from the military and wanting to go BACK to teh sandbox, no matter how much they were being paid.

really? I always kind of thought that was a misconception perpetuated by Hollywood.

I find it a little hard to believe that special forces guys see mercenary as the next step in their career. private security domestically, okay, but I've never heard of anyone retiring from the military and wanting to go BACK to teh sandbox, no matter how much they were being paid.

You'd be surprised.

The term contractor or private security is intentionally misleading. While there are a few exceptions, these are para military units & are highly elite.

Well, if these people werre 'whistle blowers' over things like this....

"......According to court records filed in the latest case, in 2005 and 2006 Mr Vance and Mr Ertel were working in Iraq for Shield Group Security, a privately-held security company, when they became suspicious the company was making improper payments to Iraqi officials in exchange for influence, and that its employees were engaged in illicit weapons-trafficking and other illegal activity.
, then mercenary or whatever you want to call them, they got screwed over when they blew the whistle. That's bs.

A lot of what these 'contractors' do is done with the understanding that if caught the US would deny any knowledge of the situation.

They can make something like $200-300k for 6 months worth of work. It's a dirty business, they assume HUGE risks, and they know what they're getting themselves into.