Cure for cancer?

Casper

I wonder how many peopel the earth can sustain sometimes...

The global population grows by around 1 billion every 10 years right now, and growth is (theoretically) exponential.

At the same time, medical advancements mean that we recover from more illnesses that were previously terminal, and those of us who stay healthy live longer.

I heard some state on the radio that for every 12 years you live, your life expectancy goes up by 1 year, because medical technology is getting that much better. That ratio could fall considerably in our lifetime.

All this means more mouths to feed, more waste produced, and more shelter needed. I'm not chicken-little with the whole "climate change" bs, but there has to be a "tipping point" for the planet. We WILL out grow our resources at our current rate of growth.

I can think of at least 10 people I know personally who have died from cancer, or are being treated right now. I would love for all of them to be healthy again, but my practical side wonders if some diseases aren't meant to be cured. it would appear that we're already 100,000,000 people a year ahead of the curve.

I wonder how many peopel the earth can sustain sometimes...

Population reduction has been on the government's agenda for years. I recently read a headline in the newspaper about government mandating insurance companies to provide free birth control. The fluoride they purposely put in the water supply is actually industrial waste.http://www.infowars.com/documentary-exposes-fluoride-truth-industrial-waste-passed-off-as-medicine/

Also the government wants control of the food supply.http://www.infowars.com/hijacked-regulatory-agencies-do-the-bidding-of-big-ag-in-the-war-on-natural-food/

Aspartame causes blindness.*http://www.infowars.com/warning-to-glenn-beck-dont-drink-diet-coke/

seems quite like a conpiracy theory site, that infowars. i'm sure there are some people in the govt. that realize just how far we are past the earth's sustainable resources. then there are others who realize that china is going to overpower us someday, as well.

i'm happy for the drug. it'll save plenty of innocent lives.

So do these patients now carry a modified form of HIV that they could transmit to other people?

No, the cure is made from an individual's own white blood cells that are genetically modified to "attack cancer" and "self-replicate". No mixing with other people, not yet anyway. Quite a breakthrough in technique. And I heard today that it will be about a $3000 procedure. This is something most insurance and medical plans will/should jump on to reduce their cost of business. Here's hoping...

It's probably the aggressive part of the HIV that they wanted. White blood cells don't play well with other people, usually.

Edited by ReconRat