Xbox ring of death

attentiongetter92

Okay anyone know where I can take my xbox to get it fixed? Play n trade on sawmill has had it for 3 weeks now after telling me they "shipped it to the company they use to fix it" and found out today they haven't sent it due to "confusion in the store". So after being lied to for 3 weeks I am pretty much pissed. Anyone know somewhere else to take it?

if your not under warrantee wrap it in a towel and turn it on for like 30 minutes, turn it off and let it cool for a couple hours then try to use it again. I have done this several times and it works. It basically super heats the system to resolder and connect the components that come loose from the board.

Since when? I have like honestly 6 of them in my basement that I havent been able to fix. Fixed many others but these ones just wouldnt come back to life.[/quote/]

You want to fix mine(I'm pretty sure it won't be sent back today)

No, because I havent tried to in a while. Its a PIA to get just right and some just cant be saved. I will make you a sweet paracord bracelet for 8 dollars tho. :D

if your not under warrantee wrap it in a towel and turn it on for like 30 minutes, turn it off and let it cool for a couple hours then try to use it again. I have done this several times and it works. It basically super heats the system to resolder and connect the components that come loose from the board.

I have also done this and it works. rrod is not lifetime warrantied thru microsoft. If that was the case there wouldn't be any broken xbox's out there. They did extend the warrranty but it definitely is not lifetime. It usually takes 4-6 weeks and 99% of the time u get a refurb in return. I was impatient the 2 times i've had to get them fixed in the past and just bought an "arcade" version, put all my accesories on it, and sold the one microsoft sent back to me when it arrived.

I have also done this and it works. rrod is not lifetime warrantied thru microsoft. If that was the case there wouldn't be any broken xbox's out there. They did extend the warrranty but it definitely is not lifetime. It usually takes 4-6 weeks and 99% of the time u get a refurb in return. I was impatient the 2 times i've had to get them fixed in the past and just bought an "arcade" version, put all my accesories on it, and sold the one microsoft sent back to me when it arrived.

I have to call you on this one as I just got one fixed that was an original unit before the actual public release of the 360.. Won it off a mtn dew bottle cap.....

To date I have had 17 360's repaired by MS... I usually get them off CL and send them back to MS just amke sure tamper label is intact...

I have to call you on this one as I just got one fixed that was an original unit before the actual public release of the 360.. Won it off a mtn dew bottle cap.....

To date I have had 17 360's repaired by MS... I usually get them off CL and send them back to MS just amke sure tamper label is intact...

Are you getting them done for free? Becuase it was changed a few years ago that you now have to pay for shipping even if the unit was under warranty and if it wasnt (3years) then it was 100 bucks to fix.

Either some tech thinks you've got a pretty mouth or your "calling" the wrong person out.

Are you getting them done for free? Becuase it was changed a few years ago that you now have to pay for shipping even if the unit was under warranty and if it wasnt (3years) then it was 100 bucks to fix.

Either some tech thinks you've got a pretty mouth or your "calling" the wrong person out.

Exactly what i was thinking.