It's Official Bitches

Chrome

I recieved a call yesterday from the ODH(ohio department of health) giving me my license numbers, so that i can test and mitigate for radon now. Let me tell you, nobody works slower than the state. Took about 2 months for me to get my licenses. If you don't know about radon, here are a few facts

Second biggest cause of lung cancer right behind smoking.

It is a gas that the earth puts out, you can't taste, smell, or see it.

Caused from the radium and uranium beneath the earths surface.

Exposed to the more radiation from radon, than when you get x-rays.

if you have a level 10 radon, it is like smoking 1 pack of unfiltered cigs a day

Pm me for more info, or to scheduale a test on your home.

Can't you just run down to Lowes and get a Radon test kit??

Are you cheaper then that?? Got ya some cool tools to test/detect it ?

with those kits you get a very inacurate count. radon deteriorates at a fast pace(1/2 every 3 min), so by the time that you take your test send it through the mail, and the test facility gets it the radon level is not accurate at all. the machines that i use is all done through my phone, it detects temp humidity, and even has a tilt sensor, so it knows if you move it outside to get a false reading. my readings are sent from the machine to my phone through blutooth, then transmitted to that testing facility, and i have the results within an hour. if your lowes home test kit can beat that, then by all means go ahead.

• 11 months later...
good question what is the remedy for radon.

You can install what is called a mitigation system. It is a fan that is installed to create a negative vacuum under your house so that the fan can pull the radon out of your home before your home pulls it in. Your home creates a natural vacuum which pulls the air that is under your slab into your home. the radon is in the ground under your home. once you disturb the ground and build a house you disturb the ground and the radon is brought to the surface of the ground and into your home.

Radon is in every home. old, new, remodeled, whatever. it is there. the only home that radon would not be present would be trailors. (no ground contact)

Radon is constantly blowing in the air at a 0.3pCi/L. You want to have less than 4.0pCi/l in your home, if you have more you should have a mitigation system installed.

for more info feel free to pm me or call 614-560-0297

hope this helps