Grattan- Sept 3 and 4

wantahertzdonut

Anybody know what the facility is like? My girlfriend is coming with me so I'm sure we'll get a hotel Friday night, but we may wind up needing food and that sort of thing.

Does STT usually bring photographers too?

Photographer will be Jig from Heavy Penny Photo

http://www.heavypennyphoto.com

They have a concession stand for during the day but after the event you will have to go in town for food. Most people stay at Candlestick hotel if you don't camp.

FYI when Dubguy and I ran with STT in June they DID NOT have food. The concession stand was not operating. Just don't want you to bank on it.

Other facilities are good, running water, showers(kinda), and a nice layout. Actually the scenery around there is nice in general. I think food etc. is about 10 mins away back in town, so easily doable for lunch.

FYI when Dubguy and I ran with STT in June they DID NOT have food. The concession stand was not operating. Just don't want you to bank on it.

Other facilities are good, running water, showers(kinda), and a nice layout. Actually the scenery around there is nice in general. I think food etc. is about 10 mins away back in town, so easily doable for lunch.

There is the Grattan Bar and Grill right down the street

Signed up today, I let this one slide till after a payday. Thanks for the heads up on the photographer and the food situation. Looks like I'll plan on bringing a lunch. I'll be interested in checking out the burrito place for dinner!

Most people stay at Candlestick hotel if you don't camp.
Candlestick hotel? lol candlestone maybe

Anybody have any feedback on the hotel? I'm just looking for some place that's clean and nearby with breakfast. I can't find any reviews about the hotel, only the golf course.

Grand Rapids is like 20 mins tops away, there are hotels etc there and lots of places to eat etc. If I was not camping and didn't have a place last time, I would have stayed there.

Dubguy can comment when he gets home tonight because he went ot college up there etc. and knows the area.

Got back late last night after a loooong day. I had a morning full of scares since my bike was all over the place, so I dropped down into the B group to get a decent tow. Plus I was tired as hell so I could barely focus. The heat didn't help and running out of water marked the end of my day.

Overall it was a great time, I think I'll wait for another long weekend and go for Sunday and return Monday however. 4.5hour drives on both ends of trackdays make me weary!