2008+ Ninja 250

Carwhore

i really need to get serious about this business idea I thought of a few years back:

hardware kits that set up older model bikes for newer model fairings. "Turn your 1999 Ninja 250 into a 2009 Ninja 250 for only $79" (plus the cost of the 2008+ fairings)

I think people would pay it.

Could do the same for 03-05 R6, 03-06 600RR, etc.

I'd probably have to sell or distribute through one of the aftermarket fairing companies, but there's plenty of room for profit on something where the materials cost so little.

i really need to get serious about this business idea I thought of a few years back:

hardware kits that set up older model bikes for newer model fairings. "Turn your 1999 Ninja 250 into a 2009 Ninja 250 for only $79" (plus the cost of the 2008+ fairings)

I think people would pay it.

Could do the same for 03-05 R6, 03-06 600RR, etc.

I'd probably have to sell or distribute through one of the aftermarket fairing companies, but there's plenty of room for profit on something where the materials cost so little.

that would be a good idea. There is a 2004 250 on cl for $1500 would be a perfect bike in her price range, but "I don't like it". Then I showed her a picture of the 2008s and she liked them.

that would be a good idea. There is a 2004 250 on cl for $1500 would be a perfect bike in her price range, but "I don't like it". Then I showed her a picture of the 2008s and she liked them.

The hard part is that the initial buy-in is 2 bikes on my part, plus a bunch of time.

I think it would be even better for existing first-gen 250 owners looking to "upgrade."

if people buy neons, they'll buy newer fairings. The headlight shape is what really throws things for a loop though.

and it wouldn't be a cheap conversion. figure you end up buying full plastics, mirrors, and a wind-screen. That's a solid $700 or more.

Ahem! Have you (or has she) considered a Buell Blast instead of a Ninja 250? More torque, no choke, no valve or chain maintenance! And the seat is just as low or lower.

I might know a guy who has one for sale.

p.s... this is NOT the place to debate a Blast vs 250 argument, just making sure that CarWhore and his GF are aware of their options for starter bikes :D

i know about them, havent shown her one, but she probably won't like them (as their not a full fairings). She likes the look of sport bikes.

I told her I wanted to buy a street glide and she got a little depressed lol

Can't argue with that, the new 250's caught MY eye, too, when I was looking :) Well, if she decides she wants to save money and buy a bike that's drop-resistant, you know where to look :)

Barring that, the bikes Casper linked to on CL are good deals, because normally the 08+'s are upwards of $3,000+... he found some in the 2's, so that looks like your best bet. Good luck, and enjoy :)

what does everyone think a 2004 ninja 250 with 4600 miles is worth?

I'd say $1800-2200, depending on condition. If it's clean, no signs of having been down, that low of mileage, they could get close to the $2200 mark. I'm not saying I would pay that much for one though!

I paid $950 for my 04, 2 1/2 years ago with no front fairings, and under 2400 miles. With the fairings and 10,000 more miles, I would think I could get more than $1500 out of it, although it's not for sale.

There's a red one (08+) for sale in town here, if ya want I can grab the phone number off it for you.

Keep an eye on CL.