Ruger LCP hard to load hollow points

idodishez

Anyone have experience w this? Haven't tried other brand yet. But kind of disconcerting. Havent taken to range yet, so not sure if it's fine after ones put in the chamber. But right now, if I load a magazine, then go to put one in chamber, it will jamb EVERY time. I either work slide several times and it eventually goes, or hold upside down a little bit to get bullet past lip.

Anyone have an LCP and can comment on experience?

c6e4e230-0fed-f026.jpgc6e4e230-0faa-3d3e.jpgc6e4e230-0fcd-884f.jpg

I never shot hornady in it I had winchester rangers they fed fine everytime. I wonder if its due to the flex tip on those hornadays. Have you put any rounds through it yet?

Edited by crb

Same thing here..I think they were Win rangers...I was told you have to send several hundred rounds through it before its loose enough to handle them..mine is veter now than it was but I still get a miss feed now and then on the hollows

I never shot hornady in it I had winchester rangers they fed fine everytime. I wonder if its due to the flex tip on those hornadays. Have you put any rounds through it yet?

Wondered the same thing on the tip. Nothing through it yet.

Btw. There was a Ruger manual in the box for a Mark III. Need/want it?

I have the same gun and bullets but have not shot them yet, I just picked the gun up yesterday. Should get a chance to fire it this weekend ill let ya know how mine is

Have u tried to put one in the chamber?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same thing here..I think they were Win rangers...I was told you have to send several hundred rounds through it before its loose enough to handle them..mine is veter now than it was but I still get a miss feed now and then on the hollows

That's my fear. When and if it comes time to use hollow points is NOT the time I want a jamb. FMJ on

Range, fine I can maybe deal w

It. Intruder in my home w hollow points, NOT good time for jamb

I shoot the same exact bullet in mine. At first I had the same trouble, after I shot it and put quite a few rounds thru it the feed ramp will get worked and they don't stick. After the first one is loaded you should be fine. Shoot a few to make sure tho. Like you said under stress isn't where you wanna find out they don't feed.

Wondered the same thing on the tip. Nothing through it yet.

Btw. There was a Ruger manual in the box for a Mark III. Need/want it?

Huh I don't know how that manual got in that box. Na I'm good, but thanks for asking.

Look to see when the gun was made. Earlier LCP's had the hiccups like the Kel Tecs had and now the Tarus is having. Ruger did several updated on angles and spring weights to get It right and if you have problems, send it back as it needs to work every time as a self-defense gun. Accessional jams are not acceptable (can be ammo batch related) even for a back up gun. Shoot a lot of different ammo to see what it likes and shoot that ammo until you are proficient with it as all ammo will have a different POI.

+1 on the ramp polishing but becarful to not change ramp angle as it will greatly effect function.