95 zx9

GameroftheAges

Hey there, anyone around the Mansfield area and willing to spend a few hours and earn some cash helping me out with an electrical problem with my bike? Can't seem to be able to pinpoint a loose wire that's shorting out my whole ignition system and still pretty new to the tech side of things. Any help would be appreciated.

Josh

Hey there, anyone around the Mansfield area and willing to spend a few hours and earn some cash helping me out with an electrical problem with my bike? Can't seem to be able to pinpoint a loose wire that's shorting out my whole ignition system and still pretty new to the tech side of things. Any help would be appreciated.

Josh

i would start at the battery/fuse box and start tracing wires and making sure they are all ok

i had a problem with my grizzly that anytime it was wet, the ignition fuse would explode anytime i turned the key

started tracing wires and found a clump of dirt in one spot...knocked the dirt out and realized the wire it was surrounding had a small crack in it from being old and dried out....when the quad got wet, the dirt turned to mud and would short out that wire...when it was dry it worked fine...taped up that wire and good to go

it could be a bad ground, a wire that is accidentally grounded to the frame, etc....just start tracing wires and inspecting them

2talltim, I do actually have time that week. If you want to shoot me a PM or give me a call that'd be great.

As for the problem, I've traced wires and nothing looks out of place. I've replaced the Starter Motor the Ignition Switch and the Battery. As it is right now, I get power to my dash but when I hit the killswitch the ignition fuse in the fuse box blows and the dash goes out. I took the killswitch apart but it looks clean as well so I'm lost as to what to do next. I've got no Ohmmeter so that's out of the question unfortunately.