Rossi 14th?

bigd

Not much else to say, just absolutely cannot believe that. The Duck is hurting lately..

Were you there?

He crashed early on in qualifying and had to get back up, gather himself together, clean himself off, get bike #2 ready, and try an go run a good time.

Probably a lot harder than you think.

what time and channel is the race on? I just went through the speed channel and didn't see the motogp race wtf?

Speed at 2pm last i saw.

Were you there?

I wasn't. would have loved to have been..but was just watching the late night qualifying last night. Yeah, I can't say what he had to go through yesterday wasn't tough, the result is just hard to imagine. Shit, with a broken leg last year he was getting podium finishes. Just saying he's damn good rider, and hard to stomach he's starting in 14th.

Yea it sucks.. Clearly the Duc is strugglin, and has for awhile. When stoner was riding he would either win, or tuck the front... Rossi tucked the front yesterday.. I think Hayden just rides it as fast as he can without crashing.. Stoner pushed it passed its limits.. Just my opinion.

until ducati makes a actual frame like the rest of the bikes in the field, the front feel on it will always suck. a carbon fiber frame is not the way to go. especially when you have a 7 time world champion telling you the lack of feel is no good, it's time to hang up the idea.

• Upvote 1

until ducati makes a actual frame like the rest of the bikes in the field, the front feel on it will always suck. a carbon fiber frame is not the way to go. especially when you have a 7 time world champion telling you the lack of feel is no good, it's time to hang up the idea.

Reppies:bow:

Rossi is still Rossi. He's had sub-par equipment all year, and Spies JUST passed him for 5th place in the championship points standings.

I don't see how anyone could possibly argue that the bike isn't the problem.

The only question in my mind is whether or not Ducati listens to the guy they'er paying so much, and makes changes to the 2012 liter bike. Next year is sort of a starting over point for all of the manufacturers. Racing could be more even than it has been in years. Only time will tell.

Great ride by Spies yesterday though. I think he would have been a step up on the box if he hadn't gotten so banged up in the first 3 turns.

Rossi's head wasn't there. I was at turn one after the first straight, and he blew that turn and went off track twice. Hayden... He was in the lead group, and went from a fighting fourth, to last place. The bike has the muscle, but not the feel...

The only finishing Ducati without an issue was Randy De Puniet. Capirossi pulled off, because, well- he's Capirossi. Barbera pushed so hard he crashed the final lap. Abraham pulled out too, and Hayden pulled off to change the front tyre after, but soldiered on and reentered to get a single championship point for 15th place.

Ducati really needs to listen to their riders instead of trying to reinvent the motorcycle. They came close to costing Checa and Melandri a career in racing, and honestly- shows how true a champions Stoner and Hayden really were.

Rossi's head wasn't there. I was at turn one after the first straight, and he blew that turn and went off track twice. Hayden... He was in the lead group, and went from a fighting fourth, to last place. The bike has the muscle, but not the feel...

Hayden was the only rider in the field on a Medium front tire. That's why he did the sparkle and fade.

I didn't see footage of Rossi blowing T1, but a lack of front-end feel could cause that.

For those who were at the race, you HAVE to see the footage of Stoner losing the front in T1, and saving it with his knee. In-Fucking-Sane. There are a lot of Stoner haters, but now that I'm seeing how difficult the Duc is with Rossi behind the bars, I'm blaming Stoner less and less for blaming the bike a lot in the past, and he is showing truly amazing skill. On the same bike on the same day, I would say Rossi is the better racer, but Stoner is the faster rider right now.

I dunno about that... Lorenzo seems to be more mechanical about his riding. He just goes fast on every track, every time. His mid-corner speed is ridiculous. Spies is getting there, but I don't think he's quite at the same level as Jorge. Yet.

From where I'm sitting, Stoner is the most skilled rider in the field, followed closely by Rossi and Lorenzo. Where Rossi has really shined the last couple of years is his ability to race in a smart manner. He sets up passes and manages position like no one I've ever seen (in my admittedly short time following pro racing). Spies seems to have good "race craft" knowledge, but he's still building that skill-set on the Bridgestones, and the 800.

The commentators were pointing out yesterday that he doesn't hang his elbows anymore. He's riding like a "real" 800 rider now. I think changing back to 1000's will be a big help to Ben. at 165 lbs, he's one of the largest riders on the grid.

Hayden was the only rider in the field on a Medium front tire. That's why he did the sparkle and fade.

I didn't see footage of Rossi blowing T1, but a lack of front-end feel could cause that.

For those who were at the race, you HAVE to see the footage of Stoner losing the front in T1, and saving it with his knee. In-Fucking-Sane. There are a lot of Stoner haters, but now that I'm seeing how difficult the Duc is with Rossi behind the bars, I'm blaming Stoner less and less for blaming the bike a lot in the past, and he is showing truly amazing skill. On the same bike on the same day, I would say Rossi is the better racer, but Stoner is the faster rider right now.

Soft front is what I heard.

Rossi's head wasn't there. I was at turn one after the first straight, and he blew that turn and went off track twice.

Yeah, but as mentioned above, it was false neutrals he was hitting in the gearbox, not Rossi's mental state, that was the problem.

As for Marco, he blamed the tires. He probably burned them up getting past Lorenzo.

It was odd watching Rossi circulating in dead last place for several laps. The track announcers couldn't stop talking about it. For several laps, they talked about Rossi in last place more than they talked about Stoner in first place.