WTB:Trailer !!!

J_Copeland

Open, or closed? I have a home made open trailer, single axle, no brakes, with open wood sides that I may pull off soon. One sportbike, though I've had a sportbike and a dirt bike, or two smaller quads and a dirt bike. Wanna say it's about 4x8

Will

Measure and get pics if interested. Only reason i would sell is to get an enclosed

I have a 5x8 landscape trailer. New lights. Wood floor. I stained it and put grit on it last year but I used it so much most of the grit (if any is left) is all gone. new tires. Ramp gate. I would let it go for 400.

I used to haul one 400ex or two dirt bikes on it (easily) have fit three on it but tie downs were a nightmare.

where were you 2-3 weeks ago when 3 or 4 guys were selling? I remember Casper and Bad had one on for sale.

Trust me,I was very interested in those,just didn't have the money,now I do.

Will

Measure and get pics if interested. Only reason i would sell is to get an enclosed

Please send me some pics if you want to sell it.

I have a 5x8 landscape trailer. New lights. Wood floor. I stained it and put grit on it last year but I used it so much most of the grit (if any is left) is all gone. new tires. Ramp gate. I would let it go for 400.

I used to haul one 400ex or two dirt bikes on it (easily) have fit three on it but tie downs were a nightmare.

I'm interested?:)

Send some pics please.

jcopeland@neo.rr.com

not sure how concerned you are with space and storage, but the method of tie-down matters a lot when trying to fit 2 bikes on a small trailer.

I won't subject everyone to my gushing about the Pit-Bull trailer restraint system, but suffice to say, it makes loading 2 bikes on a 4x8 a LOT easier.

If that's cost-prohibitive, and cheap is the name of the game, these go on sale for $29 periodically http://www.harborfreight.com/motorcycle-wheel-chock-96349.html

Combine that with an inexpensive trailer ($200-$300 gets you a used or new HF folding 4x8), and for under $400, you've got a setup that will carry two bikes (under 500 lbs.)

Just put a metal bar along the front of the trailer to extend your outside tie-down points beyond the edges of the trailer. the further away the better, but obviously you want to stay inside the width of the tow-vehicle.

I thought it was more like $60, but nothing too oppressive. If you register the plate mid-year, they'll prorate the registration fee for the number of months until your next birthday, so that would account for two people being charged different amounts.

I don't think i've renewed mine yet, so i haven't paid a full year.

not sure how concerned you are with space and storage, but the method of tie-down matters a lot when trying to fit 2 bikes on a small trailer.

I won't subject everyone to my gushing about the Pit-Bull trailer restraint system, but suffice to say, it makes loading 2 bikes on a 4x8 a LOT easier.

If that's cost-prohibitive, and cheap is the name of the game, these go on sale for $29 periodically http://www.harborfreight.com/motorcycle-wheel-chock-96349.html

Tying down even ONE bike is a PITA. Roughly what's the cost of the pitbull system?

I have a trailer I'll sell you for $300 bucks. It can fit 3 bikes. Has places to tie them down and a ramp. I bought it off bad324 and he bought it off someone else on here. I'll try to dig up some pics. Let me know if your interested.

279.00 for the restraint system.

Really not to bad,no extra tie downs are needed.

What are you asking for your trailer?

ask RidersDiscount.com what they can do for you on a trailer restraint system.

It will cost you less than the $279 they retail for.