Holy Crap Paraglide Wingsuit!

ReconRat

This guy's name is Jeb Corliss, and I guess I'll have to look for more stuff from him.

Wingsuits have been around for a while. Special Forces had them many many years ago. This guy flies his down the side of a mountain through a ravine, barely clearing the tops of ridges...

But this guy is maximum awesome. Very advanced skill level, do not try this at home. Hell, don't even think about it, I might fall off my chair watching it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWfph3iNC-k

• Upvote 1

That guy has huge danglers. I've seen a bunch of stuff on TV about him. He truely has a fuck it attitude and goes full tilt on everything. One documentary I say was when they first started with the wing suits. Him and his best friend did a dual jump above the Royal Gorge bridge in Colorado. Jeb was to go below the bridge and his friend went above. His friend mis-calculated and slammed into the main cable just above the bridge deck. If you have time check out his GF, she is a French super model that is as big of an adrenaline junkie as he is.

Wouldn't want to be hit by THAT flying squirrel.

That kind of thrill addiction very often leads to an early demise, usually while being filmed by Red Bull heli-cams. Definitely would make for a fast and fun death, I guess....I'll prolly stick to drinkin' beer on the back deck.

• Upvote 1

That kind of thrill addiction very often leads to an early demise, usually while being filmed by Red Bull heli-cams. Definitely would make for a fast and fun death, I guess....I'll prolly stick to drinkin' beer on the back deck.

everyone dies. very few can say they actually lived.

• Upvote 1

How fast do you think he was going?

The maximum speed for a human body falling in the lower atmosphere is around 120mph. So he might have gotten close to that at some point.

The absolute maximum speed for a human body falling from way up around 100,000-120,000 feet altitude, is a bit over 600mph. The record is 614mph in 1960. There are people who want to break those records.

edit: I recently found out that an aerodynamic object like a arrow shaped smooth bomb can fall at up to 2 1/2 times the speed of sound. If dropped from an extremely high altitude. 2200 mph+.

Edited by ReconRat
  • Upvote 1

Where was it filmed?

Another good question. I only know two places that look like that. A place in the Alps, and down in South Africa.

edit: I guess there is a place in New Zealand that I don't know about.

argh edit: lol, I see he's jumped in Brazil also. Tall mountains there right by the city.

*searching* One website says its the Swiss Alps.

And another says he did 122mph on that flight.

Here's another video of a casual flight through the crack:

And one of best of highlights from flights:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgKiAooWfsU&feature=player_detailpage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bJmVJZbmIk&feature=player_detailpage

Edited by ReconRat

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing." - Helen Keller, The Open Door (1957)

edit: Part of that quote was at the start of one of the videos. That's the full quote from the book.

Edited by ReconRat

• 6 months later...