So, no Road Runner available... Suggestions??

Moto-Brian

Same thing I just did since I cant get wired here either.. Using a Verizon mifi and can get 4G LTE.

Hey Chester, your family is up in Crestline... We are now in Galion. Know who the best choices are for up here? I am thinking the Verizon is the way to go. buddy has it and runs the business from it so, I think as long as I don't play games and watch huge videos, I should be good? I was going to do the $80/month option...

Been living with ATT DSL 6meg and gawd forbid if you need service. So RR is da bomb?

Never a complaint and the best deal is when we have three or more people using, it doesn't seem slower. It states 54 mps which I doubt, but overall, it is the shit. I can download anything and never have an issue with ANY video or game play.

I was going to do the $80/month option...

The ISP market is cutthroat. My experience has been that the CSRs are quick to negotiate to bring in a new customer. Sweettalk them down $20 a month to "try it out". Threaten to cancel when the intro period runs out. They deserve it. They're bastards.

A little bit of bandwidth goes a long way. Typically the other side's send pipe is smaller than your receive pipe, and the service level that you buy isn't guaranteed. It used to be common practice for ISPs to sell service plans to customers that were impossible to deliver under ideal conditions because of distance, line quality, etc.

Hey Chester, your family is up in Crestline... We are now in Galion. Know who the best choices are for up here? I am thinking the Verizon is the way to go. buddy has it and runs the business from it so, I think as long as I don't play games and watch huge videos, I should be good? I was going to do the $80/month option...

I started the service with the 5gig last week but will up it to the 10gig today. I wanted to make sure we actually got signal. Ill check with one of my buddies in crestline and see who they use. The problem with DSL is that you have to be within 10 miles of a switch which Im guessing you are not. Me either. So unless someone has re-vamped the lines to your area, you may be screwed like me. I found out that Time Warner owns all the lines on my road but just hasnt upgraded them to fiber yet. Ill be watching for the truck to upgrade and then cancel and switch then. Can you get any cable service to your house? If so, you can probably get internet through them. I got direct TV last week. FYI, Dont go satellite internet or you will be sorry. Super slow and stupid bandwidth caps like 500mb/month.

I started the service with the 5gig last week but will up it to the 10gig today. I wanted to make sure we actually got signal. Ill check with one of my buddies in crestline and see who they use. The problem with DSL is that you have to be within 10 miles of a switch which Im guessing you are not. Me either. So unless someone has re-vamped the lines to your area, you may be screwed like me. I found out that Time Warner owns all the lines on my road but just hasnt upgraded them to fiber yet. Ill be watching for the truck to upgrade and then cancel and switch then. Can you get any cable service to your house? If so, you can probably get internet through them. I got direct TV last week. FYI, Dont go satellite internet or you will be sorry. Super slow and stupid bandwidth caps like 500mb/month.

Yup, gotta go Direct TV. Time Warner stated they do not go out that far for where we live. I heard horrible stories on the internet stuff and satellite...

Looks like Verizon next week!

I've never got 4g out here its 3 but still plenty fast and never has probs.

Performance varies place to place. In Dublin I could get 1m on my 3g but at my house I got no better than 300k. Most of the time I got about 100-150k. This was tethering 3g through my BB storm.