Akward Situation

Jst2fst

So yesterday Im riding my bike and decide to head over to Dollar Tree on campus. As im getting my gear on an older guy and two kids roll up on bicycles. Guy says nice bike and I do a head nod and think ok Im out nope not really. One of the kids on the bike is like he's gonna shoot you Im thinking for what then the kids says with a BB gun jokingly. Guy get of his bicycle and I've got my hand over my gun in my jacket because at this point I have no idea what his intentions are. Keep in mind this is all in front of the store parking lot. He walks over and asks me what im running on the bike. I answer his question and say its a 600 and the kids that are with him say what to the guy replies he means the bike weighs 600lbs. Then the kid ask if he can ride it i just gave him the look of death. Kid coulb barely hold up a dirt bike let alond a sportbike. At this point I see him not as a thereat but completely full of fail. Then he proceeds to tell me that he's about to drop 8k on a bike. At this point im trying not to laugh and just finish putting on my gear and head home. Besides the gun reference it made me realize more how ignorants people can be.

Should have replied not if I shoot you first when he said he was gonna shoot you.
If that happened to me I would have pulled my shirt up just enough to show my hand on my grip.

I think both of these are a bad idea and the OP handled it perfectly. He was ready but no one knew he had a gun because it turns out he didn't need it.

• Upvote 1

Maybe things are different in c-bus, but in cleveland if someone threatens me with a gun it is more then likely not just and empty threat. I have to commute thru one of the worst areas in cleveland to get to work. If for some reason I have to stop (for gas) I try to avoid contact with any people.

Maybe things are different in c-bus, but in cleveland if someone threatens me with a gun it is more then likely not just and empty threat. I have to commute thru one of the worst areas in cleveland to get to work. If for some reason I have to stop (for gas) I try to avoid contact with any people.

Its all good I'm just glad I decided to bring my gun with me because what if he had a gun. Kinda caught me off guard a bit then I went on the defense. People down here have no common sense and tend to run their mouth a bit.

So which parts are you commuting through, I thought I was hitting the worst parts of Cleveland :D (Miles and Harvard from E147 to E93 or Union from Kinsman to Broadway)

I either bicycle or motorbike to work nearly everyday and the employer is headquartered in California so ofcourse a silly anti-gun policy. :(

Craig

I work swing shift also I have stopped after work at midnight to pick some stuff up from the gas station on 156th and had a guy try to crawl thru the window of my car across my lap. A co worker has had a gun pulled on him twice at the gas stations around my work. Better to be prepared then not to be.

I thought you were going to say some guy told you that you hand a nice watch while you were taking a tinkle

Nope, that would of just been really creepy.

I had a seriously hard time reading the OP's posts.

please use punctuation to separate your sentences.

I'll try better next time. ;)

There is tons upon tons of this ^ in the world!!! ignorants maybe bliss but I have found it to be ubundant and easily obtainable throughout the tard community.

Exactly, man this was a foot in mouth situation.

You handled it well.

Thanks, I thought so as well.

There are a lot of stupid people in this world. I think you did the right thing. I've been in a couple situations that made me wish I was carrying. Fortunately, I have a po'd look that says "you'd better leave now", and usually they get the point. Just like in roadhouse... be nice, until it's time to not be nice.