NESBA - 9-24-11/9-25-11 - BeaveRun

Cbosman

i-Zapp,

Jbot and Brt are both in your area I believe. They race, run track days, and Jbot also instructs. If you are just getting into it, look him up. This post is amusing but actually, I've rode with most of the people posted in here, they are all helpful and all very good at what they do.

I Just wish I could make the last MS round in general but a pop up wedidng ruined my season ender. Thinking a trip down south or two this winter though.

i'm just getting into trackdays. this post was amusing at first, but now just pretty ridiculous.

note to the OP: it's actually a pretty cool deal - have fun and dont sweat it.

Ya know, what? You're exactly right. It took a BIG tangent and it is really over people that are passionate for track days and racing. That's a good thing.

Red and Fitz are really into NESBA and have good things to say about them. I also agree they are one of the best as they've been doing this a HELLUVA a long time. I also know some of the instructors and yes, they are VERY fast and do a great job.

I just got a little miffed and felt there was some degrading comments aimed a bit at MS. The instructors at MS are good peeps, they are accomplished, some have a LOT of years experience with other organizations and are well versed in how to get around a track or there to help you increase your skill level.

NO MATTER WHAT people's opinions and feelings are, the mentioned track day organizations in this thread are ALL great places to go and learn and get better. The funny thing about racers is that we are all very competitive. I am very much guilty of pushing too far and going overboard. I feel MS has a damn good thing going and this is after I was historically hard on Todd and the guys. I have been able to see how he has been turning it around and how well he and the staff are doing and how great the club is.

It is VASTLY different than the days of old and when it was FT. However, it has maintained the small group feel and the people there are awesome and allow for a great time for sure, but if you want high level competition, it is there also.

So, nothing against NESBA, no hard feelings towards the other guys that are just as passionate. The choices are vast and the results will be great.

I will be going to the Beaverun "SED" on the 24th. This will be mylast atempt at getting the bump to "I".

Just so you don't get too disapointed if they don't...

In the past they didn't bump anyone on SEDs, even if they did you probably wouldn't be able to ride in the I/A group since it's full.

Maybe they will give you that sticker by the end of the day? :)

fitz and 2wheeler ... hope we all have fun

i hope to become more smooth, work on my reference points/line and pick someones brain about suspension and maybe a little help setting it up

Oh, we'll have fun for sure. :)

Just be sure to pace yourself, take it easy in the morning, the reward will probably be empty track at the end of the day. :D

fitz

STT used to charge $155 per day at Beaver.

Just sayin'.

Well this day is a special day so it cost different than other days, normally it's $630 a day with all the hookers and blow you could want, THIS day it's only hookers hence the reduced rate.

Get my point?

fitz

so any advice for riding in the rain?

BeaveRun has good traction in wet conditions. Don't sweat it too much. Just exaggerate your body positioning to keep the bike more upright, and apply brakes/gas more gently and smoothly.

riding in the rain isn't so difficult, because the track conditions are pretty consistent. it's kind of like driving in the snow - once you're used to it, it's business as usual.

What I find harder is when the rain stops, and there's good traction in certain places, and a river running across the track in Turn 7 (watch out for that btw). Really throws off your rhythm. And as the track dries, or if it starts raining again, you're never 100% sure that the limit is the same from one lap to the next...

Otherwise just have fun, and keep it conservative. Riding all stressed out about wet conditions isn't super fun for me. Finding a way to make it a game (even if that means slowing down) is a lot more enjoyable.

I've spent entire rain sessions experimenting with locking up the rear brake on corner entry, and trying to spin up the rear in a controlled manner on exit. I've also spent a considerable amount of time trying to splash other riders by passing them through puddles :D Just be sure you're not being unpredictable when doing that. darting to the right or left is dangerous, so you've got to plan your puddles well in advance so the people behind you know what you're doing, and can get around if they're quicker.

FYI - i just texted my friend Jeff. He'll be Control Riding on the blue/white R6, #15. He's running Dunlop 211 DOT race tires this weekend. If you've got street tires, you'll have more grip than he does in wet conditions.

It can be done.

All I have is slicks. :(