Saddle bag questions

Beegreenstrings

Or these

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MU-Hard-SADDLE-BAG-V-ROAD-STAR-VTX-VULCAN-C50-C90-M109R-/230649983440?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35b3cf71d0

I wonder if they would sell them to you without lights on them?

Other side of it is I dont know, would there be a disadvantage to side openings instead of top?

Does anyone have any knowledge of these though?

I was looking at adding a set (long story but the guy beside me is getting ready to paint his daughters bug in a custom snake skin green metallic tri-coat. Basically I do the prep work on the tank fenders and bags, if I have them, he will shoot them) to the VTX1300.

Kind of hoping someone that has added a set could tell me what to look for. I know nothing about saddlebags. I was one of the kids that used to make fun of the bikes that had them... and always thought that the aspecades and goldwings were goaddy over fiberglassed monsters. Now, that I am older, I guess I can see the advantages.

RE: Top vs Side loading....

Can't speak to the eBay items yer asking about, but I can give you my experience with the FJR side loaders. Makes it easier to find something on the road, but that's mostly because when you open the bags, it all kind of 'spills out'. Top loaders wouldn't do that, but then again, if the stuff yer looking for is at the bottom of the bag, yer gonna end up MTing the whole thing anyway. Blessings and curses...just like everything else in life.

And just like you, I always thought I'd never ride a bagger, but since I bought the Yammie, I've done a couple of long trips and love the ride! Go for it!

I recognize those bags, they're mounted on one of VTX1300 bikes here at the shop.

Mounting wise, they're pretty solid. I wasn't a fan of the locks, the keys for them are tiny. Also, I will warn you that they do leak, so I recommended retrofitting them with some sort of rubber gasket or weatherstripping.

I do agree with going with a top loader as well. Hope this helps.

alot of Roadstar guys run MU bags, they make a set that are knock off of the OEM hard bags.

check these guys out, they make a good quality product, i ordered a set of there bags for my old roadstar. the quality was great. i just ended up going a different route and sold them though.

http://tsukayu.com/Bike_Honda_VTX1.html