Thoughts on these two TVs...

Moto-Brian

I think it might be the opposite, but hell I don't remember either to be sure. LOL!

And I think everyone can agree that TWC sucks tiny hairy Jbot balls. Unless you're 03636 then they're tasty.

I've always been a fan of The AVS Forum. Some seriously smart shit going on in there most of the time. If you want answers about really technical stuff on any AV equipment you'll find them there.

I'm interested in your commentary on Toshibas. I just replaced a 57" rear proj unit with a 60" LED Sharp, but in all fairness, the Toshiba still had a very nice picture for a 10 year old TV. Not challenging your postion on them, just curious as to what someone else's experience and knowledge of them might be for future reference.

I know of at least 3 people with a toshiba that took a shit in under 3 years.

everyone says plasma is the way to go for that big of a tv. .

Edited by serpentracer

plasma or projector for heavy movie usage, LED LCD or plain LCD for general usage/video games. should be able to pick up a reasonable 50"+ LED for around a grand. Sharp was selling their 60" LED (edge lit i think) for 1300 at sam's club, so I'd think a 50-55" is doable for well under that.

If any gaming is going to be done at all I would Go LCD, or LED. a grand is plenty to spend on a TV adn get good size and great quality... I personally have 2 Samsung LCD's 37" and 46" both have Great pictures.. have a buddy with a 42" LCD Samsung and 60" Plasma. I perfer the picture on the LCD and I game so it was an easy decision for me.

plasma or projector for heavy movie usage, LED LCD or plain LCD for general usage/video games. should be able to pick up a reasonable 50"+ LED for around a grand. Sharp was selling their 60" LED (edge lit i think) for 1300 at sam's club, so I'd think a 50-55" is doable for well under that.

I got my 55" LED for $800, but its one of those crappy Toshibas....that looks awesome.

When I fled Ohio two years ago, I gave away my 55" twin tuner PIP projection Toshiba after 12 years of great service and picture.

I now have 55" Samsung LED & 42" Samsung LCD, both 1080p. For ease of installing onto a wall, you cannot bet a LED TV. The packaging weighs more than the actual TV, and the mounting "bracket" is two hollow wall anchors with a piece of piano wire between them that the TV dangles from. Been on my earthquake region wall for over two years with no issues.

Picture wise, the LED is a cleaner clearer picture than the LCD, but both pix are fucking incredible.

I've had a 42" Panasonic Plasma, for 3 years and knock on wodd zero problems, even bought my wifes grandma the same tv a year later and it's still good to go. I've been trying to get a 65 Panasonic Plasma, but want a non 3d and those are on hold right now.