Tron Halloween Costume

tyler524

Nerd Alert!

Alright, I have decided to build myself a bad ass Tron costume for Halloween. I am a little late on the planning and building stage but my mind is set and I don't want to half ass it. I am thinking of running some electroluminescence wire for the lighting on the outside. I would like to run something over top of it though to help spread the light so I actually have the glowing patches instead of just the wire itself. I don't want to have just a black long sleeve shirt and pants but want to come up with some kind of cool suit to wear. I am kind of lost right now though as to how I am going to do the helmet. Any tips or advice that you have would be appreciated. I know I am not the only nerd here that would appreciate the complete awesome geekiness of this project.

Does anyone know a good source for EL Ribbon?

Edited by tyler524

Nerd Alert!

Alright, I have decided to build myself a bad ass Tron costume for Halloween. I am a little late on the planning and building stage but my mind is set and I don't want to half ass it. I am thinking of running some electroluminescence wire for the lighting on the outside. I would like to run something over top of it though to help spread the light so I actually have the glowing patches instead of just the wire itself. I don't want to have just a black long sleeve shirt and pants but want to come up with some kind of cool suit to wear. I am kind of lost right now though as to how I am going to do the helmet. Any tips or advice that you have would be appreciated. I know I am not the only nerd here that would appreciate the complete awesome geekiness of this project.

Does anyone know a good source for EL Ribbon?

90061_1_600.jpg

Some others on the market:

WolvieAdvert560x765.jpg

1001_sbkp_03_zbatman_motorcycle_suit.jpg

80263_1_600.jpg

Tron-Guy.jpg

I can't believe he went to all the trouble making this costume and failed to install a man-sized undergarment penis enlargement device for additional sex appeal..........then again, this outfit is FAR from sexually appealing anyway - so.........props to the 50 yr old kid!!