98 saturn owns 95 prelude

magifesq

So I'm sitting behind this 1995 +/- prelude with a fart can @ 768 turning onto Coshocton Rd in mt vernon (mod to my saturn - intake is a K&N filter bolted right onto the intake plenum @ the throttle body. We're both turning left, he takes the inside lane, I take the outside lane, I start creeping on him, he realizes the game and starts revving it up... I pwned him with the family car lol, the look on his face was priceless.

I had a fucking prius race me in my f-250 once. I blew his efficient little doors off but it probably cost me $5 in gas lol. I used to have an 85 300zx turbo, every kid in town with a fart can on his mom's old civic tried to race me, it was pretty sad.

• Upvote 1

So I'm sitting behind this 1995 +/- prelude with a fart can @ 768 turning onto Coshocton Rd in mt vernon (mod to my saturn - intake is a K&N filter bolted right onto the intake plenum @ the throttle body. We're both turning left, he takes the inside lane, I take the outside lane, I start creeping on him, he realizes the game and starts revving it up... I pwned him with the family car lol, the look on his face was priceless.

that had to have been the slowest race evar.

lol, that brings up one of my incidents. Running to the drive thru with the neighbor, sitting at the light bs'n and i hear this fart can beside me rev up his shitbox. an older 89ish prelude. before i could stop laughing the light turns green, he dumps the clutch, birbbirb... stall... haha. mind you i'm in a turn lane and continue to turn looking at this guy trying to start his car shaking my head. lol

i'm sad to say i too have been in a battle of the shitty cars :( 2001 zx2 with >180,000 miles (at the time... now 199,000!!!) against a ~2000 neon.... :nono:

The ZX2 is definitely faster than a neon.

Actually, the ZX2 was a pretty fun car, IMHO. My brother still has his (i think). I drove it a lot before he had it on campus. Definitely not a powerful car, but pretty damn light.

There's a guy on another bike forum who auto-crosses his ZX2. with better rubber and stiffer springs, it does shockingly well for very little money.

I just looked it up. Ford claims 130hp and just over 2500 lbs. Just under 20 lbs. per horsepower. 0-60 in 9 seconds (felt faster than that to me!)

The 2003 neon was almost 500 lbs heavier, and only had 2 or 3 more horsepower.