CL Scam/Maybe

2talltim

I was looking for a quad this weekend and replied to a CL ad that had one i thought was a good deal and this is the email i recieved:

Still available but unfortunately I am not home right now because my sister had a car accident last week and suffered a head trauma so I had to come here to take care of my nephew and whatch things around until the doctors investigate and make sure she's alright. I don't mean to impose, but I was just explaining my situation. I am selling this through EZN anyway so the sale does not interfere with my situation. I believe you know what EZN is if you are selling or buying often online but if you don't no problem I'll be happy to walk you through the process. Drop me an email if you are still interested and I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Thanks

Karen

Im almost 100% sure this is a scam, how could people fall for this shit?Has anyone else ever recieve this scam? i didnt reply so i dont know what there procedure would have been

Definite scam...I just got one of these from CL as well. I was inquiring on a Ford Explorer:

"Hi,

The vehicle is well maintained, no damages or scratches. You will inspect the vehicle before the payment will be made. You will also receive all necessary documents in order to finalize the purchase. I am selling the vehicle under market value because I need to pay the mortgage. I recently moved in Glasgow, MT with my new job and I have the vehicle here with me. The shipping and insurance are included in the price because I won a promotion at uShip (1 free shipping). Email me back if you're interested and have further questions.

Thank you, "

I knew it was a scam, but just to see how these people work, I replied,

"Where is the vehicle? If it is in MT, how/when will I be able to see it?"

"She" replied,

"As I told you in my first email I am in Glasgow,MT with the vehicle.I would like to handle the sale using eBay for our own protection as they act as a neutral third party. eBay will keep the money until you inspect/drive the vehicle.

This is how the eBay works:

1. I will contact eBay and give all the info about this deal.

2. They will email us the forms by email - about the buyer's protection policy, delivery, and payment.

3. You will send the payment to eBay and they will notify me to ship the vehicle to your location.The shipping will take 5 days.

4. After you will inspect/drive the vehicle and decide to keep it, eBay will forward me the funds and the deal is done.

You have 5 days to test it from the day you receive it. If by any chance you won't be satisfied with it you will be fully refunded and I will have the shipping company come to pick it up and I have to pay the shipping back. If you wish to purchase it please provide me your full name, address so I can initiate the deal through eBay.

Good faith has always been my top priority and my most valued business approach.

Looking forward to hear from you!"

I didn't reply back; and just out of curiosity, I went to ebay and found this:

Auto Scams on Craigslist & other sites

eBay's Vehicle Purchase Protection (VPP) covers only certain vehicle transactions that are completed ON eBay.com. If a Craigslist seller "promises" you eBay protection programs, walk away. It is fraudulent. Only cars bought and sold on eBayMotors.com can legitimately offer up to $50,000 in vehicle protection.

Scam

i was selling a saxophone on CL and I got a responce where the guy say he wants to buy it for his father. Then he wants me to give him my direct email address, home address, full name and phone number. Then the killer is, he says he is a petroleum engineer on an oil rig and cant meet me, so he will send his agent to my house.

Um -Yeah right, and hell no you fucker. I sent back a very colorful email to him loaded with f- bombs and wishes for his demise.

What are other CL scams you have heard off?

Edited by mello dude

I was looking for a quad this weekend and replied to a CL ad that had one i thought was a good deal and this is the email i recieved:

Still available but unfortunately I am not home right now because my sister had a car accident last week and suffered a head trauma so I had to come here to take care of my nephew and whatch things around until the doctors investigate and make sure she's alright. I don't mean to impose, but I was just explaining my situation. I am selling this through EZN anyway so the sale does not interfere with my situation. I believe you know what EZN is if you are selling or buying often online but if you don't no problem I'll be happy to walk you through the process. Drop me an email if you are still interested and I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Thanks

Karen

Im almost 100% sure this is a scam, how could people fall for this shit?Has anyone else ever recieve this scam? i didnt reply so i dont know what there procedure would have been

Sierra

Charlie

Alpha

Mike

While I was unemployed, I used to wonder how I could get hired by scammers to proofread their junk and correct the grammar.

I mean, scammers must make money, since they keep doing it, and imagine how many MORE would fall for it with a better-written e-mail!

There has to be a niche, here :)