I might get blasted for this one... CCW owners.. Please comment.

Dubguy85

I'm not against a CCW holder.. I actually might even get one someday.. Why not.. its our right!

However, I think a LOT of CCW's holders are hillbillys who think they are bad asses and can act like idiots because they carry a gun...

So that being said...

If you PERSONALLY carry a gun and have needed it to defend yourself, and felt like without one you would be endangered, please post where you were, what you were doing, how the situation happened, and how it ended.

Just want to see in what situation not having a gun would have been a bad thing.

Drove 1/4 of a mile down Main street from my house in the hillbilly town of Bexley to Kroger. Man started following me back to my car. As I shut the door, he reached in and tried to pull at me. Glock went up, he walked away apologizing. Nothing John Wayne, but I defended myself.

Drove 1/4 of a mile down Main street from my house in the hillbilly town of Bexley to Kroger. Man started following me back to my car. As I shut the door, he reached in and tried to pull at me. Glock went up, he walked away apologizing. Nothing John Wayne, but I defended myself.

Did you report this? Serious question.

just recently had my friend with his CCW (i plan on getting one once saving has increased) meet me at my girlfriends work cause she text me she thought they might get robbed after closing time and there was one guy that came around a corner seen both of us sitting outside the only door and then turn around and went back the way he came. West side of Hamilton at the Brookwood shopping plaza.

If you really want to read about real life encounters, browse this forum:

http://www.ohioccwforums.org/viewforum.php?f=6

I've never needed mine, thankfully. But I have only been carrying for two years. I do have buddies that have needed it. My friend was pulling out of the parking lot and a guy ran up with smaller gun, like a .32. Tried to carjack him. My friend pulled his .357 magnum out of the center console and the carjacker high tailed it out of there.

If you really want to read about real life encounters, browse this forum:

http://www.ohioccwforums.org/viewforum.php?f=6

I've never needed mine, thankfully. But I have only been carrying for two years. I do have buddies that have needed it. My friend was pulling out of the parking lot and a guy ran up with smaller gun, like a .32. Tried to carjack him. My friend pulled his .357 magnum out of the center console and the carjacker high tailed it out of there.

no no no.. I don't want to read on a forum of people I don't know.. I just wanted real life experiences from OR members.

I've been alive 26 years and been just fine not having one.. Hoping to make it about 60 more.

I told the rent-a-cop to watch for him, but didn't mention my gun nor did I file a report. I know, I know .... I should have.

THe reason I ask is becase there are millions of instances of this happening each year where a gun stopped a potential crime but it goes undocumented because if here is no crime there is nothing to report.

Gunfacts.info is a good resource.

"However, I think a LOT of CCW's holders are hillbillys who think they are bad asses and can act like idiots because they carry a gun..."

You are so mistaken, and you are in the same thought process as the media is. By all means go take a CCW class, you will be enlightened by the incredible responsibilities that come along with carrying. Matter of fact there are those that decide not to carry after receiving their permit, this is no game to be played. My aunt whom is a little churchlady carries a snub nose 38 special in her purse "at all times", is she a hillbilly? And as far as a person being "a hillbilly" do you have a problem with that Mr. Dublinite?:rolleyes:

"However, I think a LOT of CCW's holders are hillbillys who think they are bad asses and can act like idiots because they carry a gun..."

You are so mistaken, and you are in the same thought process as the media is. By all means go take a CCW class, you will be enlightened by the incredible responsibilities that come along with carrying. Matter of fact there are those that decide not to carry after receiving their permit, this is no game to be played. My aunt whom is a little churchlady carries a snub nose 38 special in her purse "at all times", is she a hillbilly? And as far as a person being "a hillbilly" do you have a problem with that Mr. Dublinite?:rolleyes:

Depends on what your def of a hillbilly is!

Good try on the Dublinite.. I don't even live in Dublin.. Who's the dummy now?

Depends on what your def of a hillbilly is!

Good try on the Dublinite.. I don't even live in Dublin.. Who's the dummy now?

No.....it depends on "your" defintion of what a hillbilly is. And your the one whom has "DUBLIN" as your location and has the word "DUB" in your screen name. I guess I am confused, or maybe it is just you?;)

No.....it depends on "your" defintion of what a hillbilly is. And your the one whom has "DUBLIN" as your location and has the word "DUB" in your screen name. I guess I am confused, or maybe it is just you?;)

Well sorry I didn't update my status.. I live in the ghetto of Columbus now.. Actually will be moving to Indianapolis in 2 weeks.. Haven't lived in Dublin for 2 years.

I'll be 34 this October, but at 32 years old, I got a gun pulled on me on US35 highway here in Dayton. Some slouched down sideways gun holding wannabee gansta. Pissed me off, but I wouldn't have pulled my gun though since we both were in moving vehicles. Lots of the times the law wants you to prove that you used all available resources to get out of the situation before you pull your gun. I had a way to escape so I couldn't validate shooting him with no proof and in moving vehicles when there was an escape route.

I do want my license though even though chances are I'll never use it, but it's nice to know it's there in case there's a time I have no escape route.

I do agree with you though a bit Dubguy because some people are into guns because it makes them feel tough or "like a man". Some have complexes of many sorts that do.

• Upvote 1

1995 I was at an open house for a friend of a friend when her jealous boyfriend pulled a gun and put it to my head and said he was going to shoot me because he heard I liked his girl (who I had never met until this day) I informed him that he had 10 seconds to shoot me before I blew his balls off. He looked down and saw I had a gun pointed at his crotch. He started crying and yelling whoa bro whoa don't shoot don't shoot it's not loaded and he dropped the mag out of his gun there was not one shell in it. He no longer owned a gun.

1995 I was running a beer distributor in PA it was in an old service station building we had two overhead doors and a man door. I had turned the lights off and left the overhead doors open because it was hot. I was sitting in the office counting the money so I could go make a cash drop. I looked up and two guys were standing in front of the office window looking at me. I drew my gun and placed it on the counter in front of me and went back to counting the money. They did not stay. Three nights later someone broke in and stole 3 cases of beer.

• Upvote 1

Always always always report they need records of crimes prevented by CHL holders too

Agreed. It was in Columbus city limits and I didn't want to lawyer up and go through the nonsense. This was also very early in the CHL regulations. My license is numbered less than 50. I had my permit the week the law went into effect. But you're right and I would file today.

1995 I was at an open house for a friend of a friend when her jealous boyfriend pulled a gun and put it to my head and said he was going to shoot me because he heard I liked his girl (who I had never met until this day) I informed him that he had 10 seconds to shoot me before I blew his balls off. He looked down and saw I had a gun pointed at his crotch. He started crying and yelling whoa bro whoa don't shoot don't shoot it's not loaded and he dropped the mag out of his gun there was not one shell in it. He no longer owned a gun.

1995 I was running a beer distributor in PA it was in an old service station building we had two overhead doors and a man door. I had turned the lights off and left the overhead doors open because it was hot. I was sitting in the office counting the money so I could go make a cash drop. I looked up and two guys were standing in front of the office window looking at me. I drew my gun and placed it on the counter in front of me and went back to counting the money. They did not stay. Three nights later someone broke in and stole 3 cases of beer.

:bow:

I like the way you operate

What the heck kind of open house was this?

I like your swagger. ;)