I hate stupid people... especially family.

curby

This is my stupid family and firearm rant, so please forgive me for a moment...

Ok, so pretty much my whole family knows i carry. It's not a secret. I took the course with my father so he also carries.

Lil facts about my family... I am the only normal one. Plain and simple. i have 4 brothers that are all mentally challenged due to lack of testosterone. Not sure what happened there but some genes got lost.

Anyways, this is not the first this has happened so maybe i'm the mentally challenged one. you be the judge. One of my other brothers asked me the same question a couple years ago. i just laughed at him. I can't laugh at it any more.

So my mother was diagnosed with lymphoma and had surgery to put in the port for the chemo on friday. She started chemo yesterday. So my father calls and asks me to help move a hospital bed into their room. ok, not a problem. get there, move the bed with my bible humping brother. sit down, start bs'n with my dad. i get up and my shirt gets stuck behind my M&P and my brother says, "Whats that?"

really... come on now. I look at him and chuckle... "It's a Smith & Wesson M&P 9mm." and continue on to the fridge. He continues to look dumbfounded and ask the age old question... "Is it loaded?"

me >:wtf: my father >:nono:

So i say... "Do you go to church with a bible?"

Like i said, one of my other brothers asked me the same thing a few years ago... What the fuck is wrong with these damn people?

My 95 yr old great-grandmother lived alone in the middle of nowhere Oklahoma, and she kept a nice little .38 under her pillow in the bedroom, plus a 12-gauge at the door.

I'm 99% certain she carried the .38 with her when she went out(but have no clue if she was licensed for it).

Even as a kid, I never gave it a second thought...I assumed EVERY little old lady was packing heat!

Actually, he was not raised that way. He was born again...

"Although his first years of college meant “party all the time” like a stereotypical college kid, she said, “He completely changed” when he joined the church. He began hanging out with a new set of friends, and his faith in God bloomed."

Article in local paper.

http://www.cantonrep.com/news/x438808575/Jackson-man-shot-to-death-at-Bible-study-in-Canton

CANTON —

Dale Settle Jr. held out his Bible when armed robbers approached him and two other young people arriving for a late-night home Bible study Thursday.

“In the name of Jesus, your gun won’t fire,” Settle repeated several times.

But it did.

"Whats that?"

really... come on now. I look at him and chuckle... "It's a Smith & Wesson M&P 9mm." and continue on to the fridge. He continues to look dumbfounded and ask the age old question... "Is it loaded?"

me >:wtf: my father >:nono:

So i say... "Do you go to church with a bible?"

Like i said, one of my other brothers asked me the same thing a few years ago... What the fuck is wrong with these damn people?

What is obvious to some may take years for others to realize. We are all different in that way. I dont let peoples attitudes bother me much anymore. I try to use situations like that as a teaching opportunity. To help them understand my point view. You may not convince them today but the seeds you plant combined with life events in the future...... well..... has a way of educating those open to common sense. The "Bible" thing you mentioned is a good example. I've seen tons of people who when they were young, couldnt stand the "Bible Thumping" crowd. As they aged, learned, experienced certain aspects of life, they found much comfort in the Bible.