Hmmm, bogus pic on OEA blog against SB5...

SWing'R

Look what I found....

Read this blog entry from a Coldwater Ohio HS Spanish teacher...

http://blog.ohea.org/students-lose-with-sb-5/

Then "right click" on the picture she included of the old antiquated computers

she claims to be using, click on "view image info" and you will see that the

picture is from a MEXICAN website... http://www.jaltembasol.com

That doesn't seem very accurate now does it? When I visited the Coldwater school system's website

and browsed thru some of the pictures online I didn't see any of these old computers. What I did see were nice new laptops!

Shame on you Sophia Rodriguez. Oh, and in case you want to tell her she's

a bad liar here is her email address... RodrigS@cw.noacsc.org

Took pics just in case they figure out someone caught it:

DtZzS.png

LMJEU.png

The Sol, the English Language source of News for the Riviera Nayarit, Mexico, including La Peñita de Jaltemba, Rincon de Guayabitos, Lo de Marcos. Los Ayala, Lo de Marcos, and San Pancho

I created an account, posted a comment.

"0 comments". :nono:

"The OEA retains the right to edit all comments...."

Figures.

She's stating SB5 will hurt schools, "...no more field trips, no more new books..." Bullshit, teach, the majority of monies for schools comes unconstitutionally (9+ years ago) from property taxes. :nono:

Look what I found....

Read this blog entry from a Coldwater Ohio HS Spanish teacher...

http://blog.ohea.org/students-lose-with-sb-5/

Then "right click" on the picture she included of the old antiquated computers

she claims to be using' date=' click on "view image info" and you will see that the

picture is from a MEXICAN website... [url']http://www.jaltembasol.com

That doesn't seem very accurate now does it? When I visited the Coldwater school system's website

and browsed thru some of the pictures online I didn't see any of these old computers. What I did see were nice new laptops!

Shame on you Sophia Rodriguez. Oh, and in case you want to tell her she's

a bad liar here is her email address... RodrigS@cw.noacsc.org

I must be missing something. All I see are 3 computers that are off and one covered up. Even if it does have images from a Mexican web site, you did notice she is a Spanish teacher, correct? I don't know about you, but when I took Spanish 25teacher years ago, we had to do everything on Spanish. Including getting information from Spanish newspapers. My guess is someone was doing research. Don't think you solved the crime of the century. Good detective skills though, I hear they may still be looking for the kidnapper of the Lindberg baby. Happy hunting!

Well isnt that some interesting stuff.

They beat my HS in the state semi finals in football 05'

Those some BIG farm boys out that way

Ross Homan on OSU is from there he was on the team that beat us apparently OSU scouts were at our game watching him. I remember someone saying Tressel was in the press box too idk

i get what OP is trying to say... but honestly, when i read that page i did not once think that was an actual photo of her classroom.

i guess the picture is just to add some visuals. it does not say its a pic OF HER classroom.

:dunno:

i get what OP is trying to say... but honestly, when i read that page i did not once think that was an actual photo of her classroom.

i guess the picture is just to add some visuals. it does not say its a pic OF HER classroom.

:dunno:

So if I talked about what a shit palace I had and showed a photo of a trailer after a tornado that would not imply that the trailer is my house? False advertising is a misleading or otherwise deceptive form of communication aimed at developing an illicit perception or reaction. Funny how our politics have more lies than a spam email does. :nono:

Old saying, "figures don't lie but liers can figure". ;)

So if I talked about what a shit palace I had and showed a photo of a trailer after a tornado that would not imply that the trailer is my house?

maybe maybe not. it depends on the person viewing it i guess. now if you said "this is my trailer" thats a different story...

like i said, i did not think for a second that it was a picture of her classroom. i figured it was a stock photo or something.

Part of what she wrote (my emphasis):

Every year I return to the classroom, I see the changes. There’s no funding for field trips or money to buy new books. We’ve scaled back on staff and services. Students are clamoring to compete in a global society, but we can’t improve out-of-date technology or replace antiquated computers. For my students, the American dream is becoming more and more out-of-reach. And that’s simply not fair.

She's talking about "out-of-date technology" and posts up a photo from some Mexican school to back up her claims.

Not sure how someone reading her post could not think that's her classroom.

I'm fairly certain she meant for the reader to think that's her classroom.

Disingenuous at best, outright lying/fraud at worst.

Wonder what they did with the $1.46 million they received in Stimulus Money?

maybe maybe not. it depends on the person viewing it i guess. now if you said "this is my trailer" thats a different story...

like i said, i did not think for a second that it was a picture of her classroom. i figured it was a stock photo or something.

By including the picture, she is implying it to be her classroom and her antiquated computers.

That or implying her classroom is similar to the image provided.

If she posted no pic we wouldn't be having this conversation.

There would be no misleading implications, just her story.

So lets say I post a classified ad on CL for a car for sale.

I talk about the car and describe it and post a picture of "a" car.

General understanding would be that the picture "is" the car I'm talking about,

unless clearly stated it was not, and that it was for illustration purposes only.

This ladies story in itself is fine, but the OEA should remove the bullshit pic,

and I imagine they will when they catch wind of this.

Managed to locate this ladies PERSONAL email address, if anyone is interested: felix2@bright.net

And her facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/davidjohnrosso#!/profile.php?id=100002837062668

Edited by SWing'R