Oct 8, 2011 5-6 Hour romp North of 70.

InyaAzz

Sorry to keep you waiting guys, just got in after dropping Alex off, unloaded and put away the trailer.

We had an awesome time today riding with you. It was very nice to meet all of you and I look forward to riding with you guys again.

Glad to hear you guys made it home. I hope I wasn't going too slow for you guys. I wasn't trying to hit it too hard today....it had been over a month since the last time I rode and I couldn't get my rear tire to hook up today. I think Hutch might have seen my back end get loose once or twice.

I'd love to hook up at Mid Ohio...or have you guys come over again and hit SE Ohio. You're more than welcome to spend the night at my place.

Glad to hear you guys made it home. I hope I wasn't going too slow for you guys. I wasn't trying to hit it too hard today....it had been over a month since the last time I rode and I couldn't get my rear tire to hook up today. I think Hutch might have seen my back end get loose once or twice.

I'd love to hook up at Mid Ohio...or have you guys come over again and hit SE Ohio. You're more than welcome to spend the night at my place.

Thanks, that's a great offer, and maybe I can take you up on that some time.

as far as your tire not hooking up... I looked at your tire and noticed that you are using all of the available patch (no chicken strips). riding on the edge of your tire on the street is quite unsafe due to oil and debris and other pavement inconsistencies. So to get the same speed in a turn with less lean you simply must get off the bike. Your body positioning was mentioned in a film called Twist Of The Wrist 2 by Keith Code. There is also a book out there that explains everything about suspension tuning. I would highly recommend watching and reading both, as well as reading the Basics of High-Performance Motorcycling, again, by Keith Code. I read those and watched the video several times and continue to get more information out of it every time.

Let me know if you need help finding any of the material. (it is available on youtube and as downloads for free, but I gladly paid for the original content, have to pay mr. Code his dues)

Edited by Gino

Thanks, that's a great offer, and maybe I can take you up on that some time.

as far as your tire not hooking up... I looked at your tire and noticed that you are using all of the available patch (no chicken strips). riding on the edge of your tire on the street is quite unsafe due to oil and debris and other pavement inconsistencies. So to get the same speed in a turn with less lean you simply must get off the bike. Your body positioning was mentioned in a film called Twist Of The Wrist 2 by Keith Code. There is also a book out there that explains everything about suspension tuning. I would highly recommend watching and reading both, as well as reading the Basics of High-Performance Motorcycling, again, by Keith Code. I read those and watched the video several times and continue to get more information out of it every time.

Let me know if you need help finding any of the material. (it is available on youtube and as downloads for free, but I gladly paid for the original content, have to pay mr. Code his dues)

I figured it out on the way back home. It was a defective tire pressure guage. I had more air in there than I ever ride with and didn't realize it.

that will do it. I use the same old gauge that I have had for years. I don't know if it is accurate or not, but i know it is consistent and it works for me.

Your basic suspension set up begins with Race Sag. There are many documents on this available on the web, but my favorite is the video from OTT. Here is the video that explains the details: http://www.onthethrottle.com/howto/suspension-set-up-on-a-suzuki-gsx-r600/ .