Tried my hand at making Kydex holsters.

4DAIVI PAI2K5

make one for a Taurus PT1911 with a M6 light on it! No one else freakin does!

Hell for that matter, A H&K usp 40 with a M6

I will be doing one for a HK USP 45 with trl 1 or 3 i cant remember which it is.

Have you tried Raven? They make a great holster.

Or oder some kydex and some screws and come on down and we can see how bad I can fuck it up haha.

Come on down where...

What is the idea behind the kydex? HOW ARE YOU Doing it, with a heat gun? how are you bending and form fitting it? Or are you, just folding it?

Granted look at blackhwks stuff, but I think it is more plastic than anything... But it is not all perfect form fitted. The trigger guard is pretty well done but other than that?

Edited by Beegreenstrings

Come on down where...

What is the idea behind the kydex? Doing it with a heat gun? how are you bending and foem fitting it? Or are you?

Granted look at blackhwks stuff, but I think it is more plastic than anything... But it is not all perfect form fitted. The trigger guard is pretty well done but other than that?

Engrish prease?

I'm not sure how Adam does it but a lot of people use heat guns and press the kydex around the gun. With kydex the retension is that little bit pressed into the trigger guard. The more ofit pressed in the more retension you have.

I'm not sure how Adam does it but a lot of people use heat guns and press the kydex around the gun. With kydex the retension is that little bit pressed into the trigger guard. The more ofit pressed in the more retension you have.

That could be the reason no one makes one then.

With the light on the H&K there is no way it would come past the trigger guard, if it was formed to hold at the trigger guard.

:rolleyes:

I throw the kydex into the oven. Then used foam and my oven mits to form the kydex. Im sure its going to be hard as hell to do a gun vs a mag.

I looked at one of the el-cheapo's (I think from leapers) 29.00 then 26 to ship it? :nono: I was like WTF!

I have a kydex now for the 1911 and Like it a lot. Just wih there was one out that does not cost 210.00 from H&K (with the light on the gun)

I looked at one of the el-cheapo's (I think from leapers) 29.00 then 26 to ship it? :nono: I was like WTF!

I have a kydex now for the 1911 and Like it a lot. Just wih there was one out that does not cost 210.00 from H&K (with the light on the gun)

what kind of hk?

http://www.ravenconcealmentsystems.com/product_info.php?products_id=1578

maybe one of those would work?

edit: late again, see this has been discussed

Edited by fizzer
late

I have looked at these and for concealment would be fine. I am wanting a standard holster. Sorry, that is why I did not reply to the first one.

However, at least with the Raven holster they offered every available way and they know that it takes a special adapter for a laser/light to fit it and in return makes the holster to fit it in that way.

4DAIVI PAI2KI- Where did you get the Kydex from. I check one of our suppliers at work for a 12"x24" sheet. They said they would look for a drop but if they didnt have one i would have to buy a full 4'x8' sheet. Also what thickness were you using?

Thanks for the info! I would like to try one myself. I finally got a price from our supplier. They didn't have a drop but qouted me a price of $68 a 4'x8' sheet. That's alittle more material than needed to try something so I might find a small piece to experiment while. Then if im happy with it get the full sheet.

Yeah when I first molded it there was a nice indention for the ejection port I thought it might snap up on it so I put some card board in the EP to fill up some of the area. My Raven that I have for my Glock is better all around but this was my first try so Im happy. yes 0.080. The company I bought it off of doesnt have any more postings on Ebay so I emailed them Harva is the company. All I find now is .060 and .093 I think Ill have to get the .06 since all of the rivets I have, 90 or so are for the .080 thickness.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Well I picked me up a CZ 75 B from Dale a week or two ago. So of course I needed a holster for it.

First is the double mag holster. Middle screw is used to adjust tension if I wanted to.

IMG_20120116_005009.jpg

Empty CZ hoslter. Left the back side taller to cover the safety.

IMG_20120116_004311.jpg

Belt loops are ruff they will be reworked and trimmed down a bit.

IMG_20120116_004257.jpg

IMG_20120116_004244.jpg

Guy from work wanted a cover for his knife.

IMG_20120116_003320.jpg