Carbine

Reimbrandt

Here is a pic of my M1 carbine.... I decided to do a custom finish on it. I Know...I know...... I killed the value of the rifle. I dont give a poop... its my rifle and I have no plans of ever letting it go. My dad was in the Korean war and this is the brand of weapon he carried for scout missions since the M1 garand was so heavy. anyway..... tore it apart and sanded.. did several skim coats of glaze to smooth out the wood. now it has a nice, slick finish. fun rifle to shoot.....has a larger thump to it than people expect. looks sick with the bipod and a 30 round clip.

actually its a newer verizon indestructable...... I'll try n get a better one and post it. I have looked and cant figure out the manufacturer. Me and my buddy bought em a bill goodmans gun n knife show at dayton in late 80's. my dad actually found me a 1944 feild manual for it. pretty sweet......

THanks mutt...... Went and fired it with my son and serveral of his friends saturday. god I love that gun.... heck of a thump for a small rifle. I looked up some info on carbines and know who made the barrel.... the manufacturers name is to far under the rear of the rear irons to see... but beleive its underwood. site was intersting with a lot of info.

Definitely looks like a fun little lead thrower......I'd love to get my hands on an M4 someday, but probably end up with a cheap .22 tactical copy to pacify the voices in my head ;) plus .22 ammo's dirt cheap

voices in your head... funny... I thought I was the only one with that problem. Yeah, 22 ammo is cheap..... I havent bought new ammo for mine for several years cause I just dont get out to shoot it much. mainly cause my inlaws is the only place I have to shoot it cause the bullet travels so far. There I can shoot off a hill down into a valley.........

We used to have a little 25 acre property at the MiamiShelby line for about 15 years while I was growing up. It's where I learned to shoot, hunt, ride, etc - Had a nice valley in it where Trotters creek ran through, so my folks built a backstop in the opposite hillside - was a double layer of 6 railroad ties tall, and I remember Dad's trapdoor breach 45/70 rifles used to blow through the backstop and still trench the hillside behind it.....some mean guns we had back then, ahh the good old days