98 intruder 800 vs 09 ninja ex250r

snot

Guy said he had an 09 Ninja 250cc in Newark area for around 3 grand, probably lower b/c he sounded like he wanted to get rid of it. Said it still had 2 years mfgrs warranty and very low mileage. PM me of you want his number

Guy said he had an 09 Ninja 250cc in Newark area for around 3 grand, probably lower b/c he sounded like he wanted to get rid of it. Said it still had 2 years mfgrs warranty and very low mileage. PM me of you want his number

If this one falls through I will.thanks

Well, you can definitely feel your shifts in these boots. My first year riding I tried wearing my insulated Columbia boots when it got chilly that fall. I couldn't feel either my upshifts or downshifts and that was kind of scary. But, with the Daytona boots, that isn't an issue at all. And they are warm with the Gore Tex lining. I admit they can be hot when it gets over 90, but most boots are unless they are ventilated. Gore Tex is pretty breathable though. And when it's over 90, all of me gets hot wearing gear.

All of the reviews I read did say to order one size smaller than normal, so that is what I did, and that was spot on.

Some other thoughts for short riders when considering a bike. It's not just your inseam that matters. I also need a narrow bike. I have big legs and small hips, which also adds to the problem. My friend's VFR is the same seat height as my Sprint and about the same weight, but the seat is much wider than my bike. When I sat on his, my legs splayed out to the sides so much, I was on my big toes holding it up. Some bikes are so wide, my hips actually hurt to sit on them.

I think the light weight of the Ninja 250 will do a lot to offset your inability to flatfoot it. I would not be able to ride a cruiser either if I couldn't just because of the weight.

Lol I seen a girl yesterday on a katana that was not much taller if not 5ft

I would of had to stap a step stool to the bike for when I stop...had to be funny sight since thshe is so small on a big bike...power to her for pulling it off!

was there much question that the kawi would win :wtf:

pretty sure the husband had that straight covered :lol:

Yeah, I usually get what I want even when it's not mine :D:D:D

Seriously though, this is THE bike she wanted a few years ago - we jumped on buying the Intruder since it was a stompin' good deal and got what we paid for it with trading it - can't beat a washout! She's happy and the RoaringToyz lowering kit is already in the mail

We want pics, asap! And a review :)

I rode the bike home from the dealer for her last night until we get the lowering kit installed.......For a guy my size at 6ft 285lbs AND coming off a ZX14 this baby Kaw didn't do ANYTHING for me, but I expected as much - it's all about her and what she wanted/needed and in comparison to her Intruder, it will be worlds better in handling/braking/ease of use - AND the controls are adjustable which will keep her grip where it belongs instead of her having to reach for the levers as much......was kind of a safety issue imo, but I feel a lot better about this bike fitting her.......once she gets some saddle time, she can post up her opinion on it -- but for what it's worth, I'm a happy hubby :)

I took her out tonight. She was awsome! I haven't lowered it yet so for now just being careful. I don't like the gearing seems you need to shift into 2nd as soon as you start moving. The bike over all handles so much better.

picture.php?albumid=1378&pictureid=14776

picture.php?albumid=1378&pictureid=14782

Edited by snot

So far I do. I need to find a kit for the rear lights. It has factory everything! So a flush mount kit for the front and a kit for the back will help her look better.

picture.php?albumid=1378&pictureid=14781

Zx14 and 250r

Edited by snot