Sunday 10/23

Blitz

I'll be riding Sunday. Weather is 65 degrees and partly cloudy. Should be perfect....especially compared to the last two or three days. I have been wanting to ride South in the Hocking and have put together a route that includes the triple nickel. Should be one of the last good weekend days to ride so I'm going to try to get in a good route before the snow flies.

Here's the planned route: http://rideplanner.harley-davidson.com/rideplanner/road.jsp?roadId=440874&locale=en_US

Adjustments may be made on the fly depending on the time we have to work with but there should be plenty of time to make the route planned. There is a stop at Jimbo's restaurant for burgers also unless we are short on time in which case we will our discuss options.

We are meeting at the Shell gas station on 256 off of the route 70 exit at 11am and will hit some decent roads 15 minutes outside of Columbus.

Hope to see some OR guys there.

Edited by Blitz

I'm starting the ride at 11 at KFC in Nerk which should give it some time to warm up a bit but not too late that we're out riding late.

Was thinking I'd have 715 over the dam in the route and 520 and some 541 and 79. I'll put up an official route if anyone is interested.

• Upvote 1

We can do that. We'll go out 204 and hit 668 to 669 and then hit 555 to 550 and go from there. Should be a good ride and not a whole lot of riding the slabs from Columbus which is nice for a change.

Anyone that wants to go along we'll meet at the Shell on 256 right off of 70 in Reynoldsburg at 11am. Should be a nice and warm day for riding and shouldn;t be a whole lot of flat roads.

sportbikers ride planning with harley software :nono:

It's just mapping software that lets you plan a route. Doesn't give any extra info on the roads but works pretty good to just lay out a route.

Never ridden these roads before so hopefully they aren't just Harley roads lol. They looked ok from the "Harley".....map hehehe

Its outdated tech just like their bikes.

Use RidewithGPS or Google maps

I use Google maps and have it on my android in gps and Google sky (stars and stuff) but tried for route planners and Harley was the first to pop up and it was cut and dry so I went with it. I'll check out the others though. I've seen others rides planned with Google and I don't think Harley's is any worse. But I've never used anything else to plan with.....just checked the map someone else plans the route with Google etc....

So far Harley's route planner lets me plot waypoints, locations, gives me total mileage and gas stops so begrudgingly, I've went with it. Too bad a soft tail and a panhead excite me even less than the website..... That's why I ride a Japanese bike I guess....

Ridwithgps.com is the shit. If you have the right GPS it uploads your route.

I don't think I have the right GPS. Mapped the route with ridewithgps.com but I could only email it to myself. My GPS isn't Garmin so I couldn't connect with it. Oh well.....least I have the map electronically anyway. :

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/782262

You should join us in the AM Habi. Should be a nice ride. Weather oughta hold. 11am at the Shell on 256?

I'm hittin the sack. You should roll with us......

Edited by Blitz

He was to Hung over and couldn't ride so I didn't go either

I didn't feel great and it wouldn't have been safe. That's my bad. Don't know that it needed announced on here but I suppose I deserve it.

Ah well. Next two days look nice.

Edited by Blitz