Automotive Tester

Meanie

There is situation listed where there's a throttle body code at the same time, and it COULD be there, since a generic code reader may not pick it up, since it's not a P0xxx code. The vehicle manufacturer is not required to make anything other than the P0xxx codes available. Unfortunately, you may need to use a pro scan tool with Nissan capabilities to get codes in the P1xxx and P2xxx ranges. The code for the throttle body referenced in what I saw was a P2185.

There is situation listed where there's a throttle body code at the same time, and it COULD be there, since a generic code reader may not pick it up, since it's not a P0xxx code. The vehicle manufacturer is not required to make anything other than the P0xxx codes available. Unfortunately, you may need to use a pro scan tool with Nissan capabilities to get codes in the P1xxx and P2xxx ranges. The code for the throttle body referenced in what I saw was a P2185.

That's why the pedal dance is once of the best ways to get codes

The misfires are probably the coil packs, they have a weak spring in them and wear out easily. There is a rebuild kit for like $30 that will fix those.

Edited by JStump

ok just got the codes they are below.....

P0 300

Random multiple cylinder misfire detected

P0731

Gear 1 ratio incorrect

I got each of the codes twice....

Talked with Meanie on the phone... sounds bad :nono: These Altimas are known for this issue, as stated previously. The 0731 is a U0731, which is a CAN code. Probably got set when the Altima stalled or when the car was being started - unrelated. New plugs, monitor the oil, drive it till the block splits down the middle.