Wanted: rifle 7mm or 270

rusty

its for hunting,no price range.

WTB rifle in good condition with good scope.

Hunting What and where? This will depend on the barrel type, stock, weight, etc, As Im sure you already know, you cant hunt deer in ohio with a high powered rifle.

Good scope? What distances do you plan on shooting out too?

Im probably not going to be much use to you without some very specific details for usage. I can point out rifles from $550-$4500 so without specifics, Im going to bow out of this thread.

Edited by flounder

Buy a 30-06 700 mountain rifle, put a leupold on it and be done. Depending on scope you may be a little more than $700 but you will be happy. If you are hunting thick woods and you guys do some drives then you can also go with the underneath see through sites and have both iron sites and scope but then you might want to look at the Remington 7400 which is a semi auto...they dont make too many 700's with sites, at least i dont think they do?

For out of state hunts I have a savage in 308 with accutrigger and a bushnell 3200 elite 3x9 scope. I couldn't ask for a better setup and the total cost was right around $700.

here is one in .270, you can junk the package scope and mount a bunshnell or nikon

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/36_62_974/products_id/78591

http://swfa.com/Bushnell-3-9x50-Elite-3200-Rifle-Scope-P235.aspx

http://swfa.com/Nikon-3-9x40-Buckmaster-Riflescope-P42255.aspx

fwiw - sub 200 yards in west virginia, i would be shopping for a 30-30

Edited by obesityrules

If you want a good rifle, accurate and cheap...go to gun broker and search for savage axis. Guy out of coschoton sells them for dirt cheap in all the calibers you need. I was considering a Stainless. 270 and it was around $200-250. Then do yourself a favor and get some good leuopold rings and a nikon scope. Just my thoughts since you can get a great package for under 550 probably.

Other then that ou might look at the savage 116 fss, fcss or fhss. Then pick desired caliber you want.

Edited by SJC1000rr

If you want a good rifle, accurate and cheap...go to gun broker and search for savage axis. Guy out of coschoton sells them for dirt cheap in all the calibers you need. I was considering a Stainless. 270 and it was around $200-250. Then do yourself a favor and get some good leuopold rings and a nikon scope. Just my thoughts since you can get a great package for under 550 probably.

Other then that ou might look at the savage 116 fss, fcss or fhss. Then pick desired caliber you want.

What is this guys name?