wtb: cheap oem car radio

RSparky

i've had two wal-mart radios stolen from my car now, simply because they look pretty. the last one even had the wrong faceplate, so only the left seek, and volume buttons were properly functioning. screen didn't work either. dayton is a shitty place to live.

but i'll need tunes this winter. all that needs to function is the cd player. that's all i had, it's all i ask for. only, i want this one to be "stock" looking so the little thug ass-hats will keep their hand off my car. anyone have something laying around?

if it matters, which i don't think so, it's for a 98 Avenger.

i've had two wal-mart radios stolen from my car now, simply because they look pretty. the last one even had the wrong faceplate, so only the left seek, and volume buttons were properly functioning. screen didn't work either. dayton is a shitty place to live.

but i'll need tunes this winter. all that needs to function is the cd player. that's all i had, it's all i ask for. only, i want this one to be "stock" looking so the little thug ass-hats will keep their hand off my car. anyone have something laying around?

if it matters, which i don't think so, it's for a 98 Avenger.

It's going to have to come out of another Chrysler product (Plymouth, Jeep, Dodge, Chrysler). It will be a double din - 100mm(?) versus 50mm(?) tall, like the imports.

Cd player with remote in glove box with IR extender in open factory cd player location.

maybe when i have a car i care about... i can't even lock my doors on this thing! they'd have broken the window anyway, but still. anything i buy toward my car will be a new bearing assembly. and of course, maybe $15 toward a simple radio to keep my awake at night.

Daytons not too bad...your complex just happens to suck balls. Muay Thai fighters felt unsafe there. I would seriously consider a move if this is happening in ur complex.

planning on it. we tried it out for a year, and this isn't the only thing that's happened here. i do agree that woodman park itself is pretty much a breeding ground for stupidity.

and, all these posts need conglomerated, as i clicked quote... and couldn't read the other posts to reply to, too...

anywho, jstumpalump, i may ask you to hold it until i get paid/ rummage through my dad's endless crates of junk. he's replaced the radio on probably every vehicle he's owned, most of them chrysler now that i think about it.

Yeah i gave up on having a decent stereo along time ago. I have had mine stolen 3 times. Once was in Dayton while i was at work during the day. At the time i hade a convertable and everytime they peeled the locks out of the door and trunk:nono:. Now i just roll with the factory radio. Hell my car just has a tape player. I dont even lock the car. If someone wants to rummage thru my car go right ahead. I would rather put the stuff back in my glove box than clean up a busted window.

Josh, pretty sure that's too big, but thanks. Guess I need a single din then.

It's been a while since I've been in an Avenger, but I'm pretty sure every Chrysler product is double din. :confused: Check http://www.crutchfield.com for fitment. And have you tried looking on eBay? Or head to a pick-your-part salvage yard? I'd think you'd be in to it about $30-$50?

Yeah i gave up on having a decent stereo along time ago. I have had mine stolen 3 times. Once was in Dayton while i was at work during the day. At the time i hade a convertable and everytime they peeled the locks out of the door and trunk:nono:. Now i just roll with the factory radio. Hell my car just has a tape player. I dont even lock the car. If someone wants to rummage thru my car go right ahead. I would rather put the stuff back in my glove box than clean up a busted window.

I have a factory head unit but am currently running two 10"s under the back seat of my truck so it is all hidden. I am in the process of buying all new component speakers running off their own amp, an EQ that will be underneath the drivers seat and tweets that will look like factory.

• 1 month later...