F/S 2008 Chevy Colorado...

granda080

...just kidding. It isn't a Chevy. It's an Isuzu i-370. It's actually the same truck build in the same factory in Shreveport, LA. It has a GM VIN # and all GM/Chevy dealers will do any under warranty work (the VIN # actually lists the truck as a Chevy Colorado). It is a 3.7L I-5 which puts out 242 HP. It averages about 18mpg and is rated 16 city/22 highway, which is the best fuel economy in it's class. The truck runs great and is great to drive. It has a Leer topper and a Bedrug. It also has Chevy Extreme wheels with Eagle RS A tires. I also put a K&N air filter in it. The truck has been very well cared for and currently has 71000 miles on it. That number will continue to rise as it is my daily driver.

The interior of this truck is clean, and I am not a smoker. I also have an Alpine deck installed in it which has both an auxiliary plug and a direct iPod connection.

The exterior of the truck is clean as well.

Here is the CL ad.

I'm asking 12999, but if it sells on OR I will do 12700. I'm open to any serious offer.

Cheers,

Andy

picture.php?albumid=1383&pictureid=14862

picture.php?albumid=1383&pictureid=14863

picture.php?albumid=1383&pictureid=14864

picture.php?albumid=1383&pictureid=14865

picture.php?albumid=1383&pictureid=14866

picture.php?albumid=1383&pictureid=14867

Edited by granda080
Updated...

I saw one like yours a couple weeks ago at a gas station. I was like what the hell is that Chevy doing with Izuzu badges. Kinda just stood there and looked at it for a sec. trying to figure it out. I have never seen or heard of one before.

I am always amazed when I see another one of these. I haven't seen one quite the same as mine but, I love getting the confused looks. The funny thing is, it literally has a GM VIN number. It only has two spots on the whole thing that say Isuzu. The grill and the center of the steering wheel.

I almost bought one of these about 3 years ago. The sales guy kept saying he had a chevy colorado that just came in when he pointed it out i told him it was an isuzu and he didnt believe me till he actually looked at the badge on the back

Lol, he wasn't totally wrong. Sort of like saying I have a Ford Taurus but really having a Mercury Sable...you know either way you will get a POS.

• 6 months later...

this the 5cyl truck?

i saw a colorado the other day with an exhaust on it....it sounded exactly like a motorcycle....i actually thought it had a bike motor in it lol....then started paying attention and noticed a few more...odd sound coming from a truck, kinda neat i suppose lol

this the 5cyl truck?

i saw a colorado the other day with an exhaust on it....it sounded exactly like a motorcycle....i actually thought it had a bike motor in it lol....then started paying attention and noticed a few more...odd sound coming from a truck, kinda neat i suppose lol

Yes it is. It's actually Isuzu that designed the engine. It sorta reminds me of a can of bees. Not as bad as a 4 banger IMO. It does have plenty of kick behind it. 242 HP.

yea, better sound than a 4 banger....not the best sound for a truck, but interesting none the less...i had to double take lol

and 242hp in a small truck is definitely respectable... now im kinda pissed....i work at advance auto part time delivering parts, and i drive a ford ranger with negative 17 hp, and the other store near us has a colorado

Agreed, it's not a V-8 growl. It is pretty peppy...especially considering the other vehicle in our fleet is a Honda Pilot. LOL

So what do you think? Is this just one of those things that people won't buy because they don't know what it is?

not sure. to be completely honest with you, i wouldnt spend any real money on anything branded isuzu or designed by isuzu....not even a colorado if isuzu designed the motor....ive seen such horrible quality and reliability from isuzus...i would love an old amigo to beat up off road like the one i used to have, but not for a daily

i think youre spot on about people not knowing what it is and being weary of it.....theres usually a pretty strong market for small trucks like that....keep advertising it as a colorado (make sure to tell interested parties it isnt a colorado though).....double check your price (not saying its bad, idk anything about them) and post it on craigslist

• Upvote 1

yea, better sound than a 4 banger....not the best sound for a truck, but interesting none the less...i had to double take lol

and 242hp in a small truck is definitely respectable... now im kinda pissed....i work at advance auto part time delivering parts, and i drive a ford ranger with negative 17 hp, and the other store near us has a colorado

I really liked driving the ranger a previous company I worked for had. That ranger had tge V6 and was stick, engine shut off at 94 mph and it got there quick.

Op I think you might have a hard fine because its isuzu, and some people might be leery. Really its no different than a Colorado. I've always liked the colorado's better than the S10. I worked with a guy that had one, and he loved it.

not sure. to be completely honest with you, i wouldnt spend any real money on anything branded isuzu or designed by isuzu....not even a colorado if isuzu designed the motor....ive seen such horrible quality and reliability from isuzus...i would love an old amigo to beat up off road like the one i used to have, but not for a daily

i think youre spot on about people not knowing what it is and being weary of it.....theres usually a pretty strong market for small trucks like that....keep advertising it as a colorado (make sure to tell interested parties it isnt a colorado though).....double check your price (not saying its bad, idk anything about them) and post it on craigslist

I used to have an Amigo. It was great until the computer fried and I literally couldn't get a replacement. The stupid thing is the Colly and the i-370 were both made in Shreveport, LA (Also where they produce the H3). They are exactly the same vehicle.

I'm someone who likes oddball vehicles. I got that from my dad I guess. I posted it on CL as a Colly, which I hate because I feel as though it is misleading...just because it isn't titled as one. The price is right between what KBB and NADA suggest it should sell for.

I took it into a dealer at one point to get a recall taken care of and I casually asked how much they would sell it for if it were on their lot. The sales guy said 17K. I will probably end up just taking a trade in on it. I just hate to do that. It screws me, getting less and ultimately screws someone for buying it for way less.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

HP is impressive for an I5. Didnt realize they had THAT kind of power. Glws Andy. And if the truck is as clean and sound as your bike, then the buyer is getting one sweet ride! Bump