Ohio toll road - traffic ?

natedogg624

I'm trying to figure out the best way to get from michigan to see family in medina (cleveland) for thanksgiving. I usually take the toll road, but was wondering how packed this is going to be Wednesday before thanksgiving.

One part of me says it shouldn't be as bad as a typical interstate due to the low amount of on/off ramps to slow up traffic. But on the other hand, it is thanksgiving travel...

Time of departure is the most important thing really, if its early enough the turnpike will be fine. I've only driven the TP once on the Wed before thanksgiving but I was going opposite direction, east travel seemed heavier but not terrible that I'd avoid it

In college, I refused to travel 71 between Cleve and Cinci on Wednesday or Sunday of Thanksgiving break because the first 2 times I did it, took me over an extra hour in driving time

turnpike shouldn't be bad. 70mph speed limit might shave off a couple minutes too.

your biggest obstacle is going to be BG and UT students who are from Cleveland. Find out when their classes end, and make sure you're not on the road the same time they will be.

On the way back, that can be tough. Like Bad said, taking 71 on the sunday after Thanksgiving was a nightmare in college. OSU traffic fucked things to hell.

On the way back, that can be tough. Like Bad said, taking 71 on the sunday after Thanksgiving was a nightmare in college. OSU traffic fucked things to hell.

71 was always a parking lot where it went from 3 lanes to 2 south of Mansfield. You've got OSU, Cinci, Xavier, Dayton and several other small schools to deal with all heading south on 71. After my freshmen year I learned to just wake up early and go back Monday morning.

There is only one major construction zone on the TP (50 mph zone) at the moment and the 70 mph speed limit makes it go a tad quicker. Of course, the SP will be out in full force so be careful with the speeding.