Hunt for an M590A1...

jagr

Hunt for M590A1 and Big Ups to 8MMDale.

So for my USMC Birfday I wanted to get myself a Mossberg M590A1.

This is a weapon I routinely carried in the Corps along with a dozen others that the pesky ATF won't let me have at the moment. But anyhow...

I've done the research, it has all the features I'm looking for including a few upgrade to said features. 20" 9 shot. Aluminum 6-Pos stock w/ pistol grip. All metal trigger group (others are plastic). Heavy barrel. Ghost rings. Sling swivels and bayonet stud ETC.

4f8e438b.jpg

So I thought Buds gun shop had a good price on it. 8MMDale got me the same price so of course I'll give him the business. As with most of my purchases I wanted to handle one. So I went to Vance's and acted like an uninformed customer who was looking for a very specific weapon.

So I'm at Vance's with a counter guy, tell him what I want. He's not really familiar and say no but we have Chainsaws. I say no thanks, I'm not 18 anymore and not into toys. He don't like that. So back to the A1. I dont have one let me get the catalog. We find it he goes and checks availability. He comes back and says only one is available and it's $60 MOAR than Buds and Dales price. My wife let's out a laugh and walks away from the counter. Yes she is awesome I know. I say that's a lil spendy. He says well what else are you interested in. I say what do you have that's parkerized with a pistol grip. He looks through the rack behind him. They have nothing like that and starts pushing a pistol grip blues Cruiser on me that needs a tool to open the mag tube. At that point I thanked him for his time and left the building. Now in the road headed to Woodburys in Coshocton. Get there.

At the counter wif teh dude. "whatdaya want"

Me:I want to look at M590s please.

Him: "what's a M590?".

Me: with a WTF look on my face, "Man are you supposed to be behind that counter?".

Him: wif angry face "is that a shotgun?".

Me:"FML!"

Done with Mr. Clueless. Wandered around a bit. Found a whole aisle of Blackhawk gear that seemed very underpriced. Picked up a Blackhawk riggers belt an a drop leg rig. Left the building.

I know there are a lot of products from alot of companies but the M590 is an iconic piece of hardware. It's been carried by more shotty wielding US Troops than any other. But between the guy trying to rip me off then pushing a gangsta level shotgun on me to someone not knowing what I'm talking about it was all in all a pretty amusing day.

So Dale. I'll be seeing you as soon as I can to get that beast ordered. Thanks for being honest and more than helpful. That is the mark of an outstanding business and it's owner.

You will always be my GO TO shop from now on. :rant:

Edits and add ons.

ALSO FEATURES A BAYONET STUD FOR CLOSE QUARTER ZOMBIE SLAYAGE!!!

Mossberg link

http://www.mossberg.com/products/default.asp?id=26&section=products

Buds Gun Shop. (Dale beat this price)

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/72898

Edited by jagr
  • Upvote 1

Dale is awesome to work with.

I'm really surprised that woodbury didn't have one. You probably talked to my 16 year old nephew that only stocks the shelves and you scared him with your pedo bear look.

I think he was the one I asked about the lmf II Gerber knife and he said they don't have it and can't get it.... well I walked around a bit sad that I couldn't have my new knife and found it hanging on a rack. I picked it up and took it to him.

Thanks! Since the shotgun class has taken off, I'm looking at increasing my shotgun related stock to the same level as my magpul stuff. So by the time they come in, hopefully I'll have upgrade stuff in stock as well.

Mesa Tactical makes a ton of cool shotgun stuff.

All this talk of 590's and not a single post that it has a fucking bayonet lug? Seriously? It's a shotgun with a bayonet lug, perfect for when you are knee deep in zombies but low on ammo. You don't get much cooler than that.

All true.

Thanks! Since the shotgun class has taken off, I'm looking at increasing my shotgun related stock to the same level as my magpul stuff. So by the time they come in, hopefully I'll have upgrade stuff in stock as well.

Mesa Tactical makes a ton of cool shotgun stuff.

Nice! I'll be needing a sling and a saddle for sure.