Hunt for an M590A1...

jagr

Cash/check price. $535+Tax.

Since we didn't get the group rate the regular price is $541+Tax.

The $6 discount was from the distributor. Not Dale.

Dale. Thanks for your patience whilst I pondered the features of 2 models and thank your buddy for giving his insight. He is prolly the most knowledgable shotty guy I talked to since my service days.

Yeah BTD. I went with the original model. That way I won't have to change the pump grip to add on that Magpul forward grip piece. I will add the Mesa recoil reducer and the wider Magpul locking stock that Mark had on his. I will prolly also do his class, say come spring time. After meeting him and picking his brain I feel comfortable about shelling out $150 for his class.

A 590 was part of my kit for 2 years in the Corps. Never let me down. I think I hit more people with it than blowing out their chests. Plus Mossberg puts the safety on top and the release where God intended it to be. I don't know what the fuck Remington is thinking. :nono: but opinions vary.

I saw a nice pink bantam that may be right up your alley sweetcheeks!

Im just fuckin with you guys.........although I never really have been a fan of Mossbergs, they seem rather sloppy and inferior fit and finish compared to most. Of course that describes an AK47 and AK74 too.......and we know they go bang no matter what.:eek:Great deal on that gun for sure, Im not really needing a true defensive shotgun at the moment, and my 870 would work just fine in that situation.

Im just fuckin with you guys.........although I never really have been a fan of Mossbergs, they seem rather sloppy and inferior fit and finish compared to most. Of course that describes an AK47 and AK74 too.......and we know they go bang no matter what.:eek:Great deal on that gun for sure, Im not really needing a true defensive shotgun at the moment, and my 870 would work just fine in that situation.

Only if it actually fires :p I have heard so many horror stories from friends about their 870s locking up on them.

Yeah uh BTD told us all about you. How you're a Subbie Poser and you really hate America and prefer Liederhosen to camo. Sad sir, just sad.

Yeah uh BTD told us all about you. How you're a Subbie Poser and you really hate America and prefer Liederhosen to camo. Sad sir, just sad.

Cant be a Subbie poser if I own one now can I....... will get a WRX next "trust me". And what about camo Liederhosen?:p Did Matt pull up in his "old fart model" of Subaru........just sayin.

Ok. You made some points so let me make one. You refuted and took offense to all by the most important one. That you hate America.

WhudupwitdatYo?

I happen to be a fine redneck American, and Hillbilly runs in my blood. I sure don't hate America, just those that pose as Americans. Would you wear camo

Liederhosen?:D

Cant be a Subbie poser if I own one now can I....... will get a WRX next "trust me". And what about camo Liederhosen?:p Did Matt pull up in his "old fart model" of Subaru........just sayin.

I like my old fart Subaru just fine, thank you.

I've done the rest...it was time for a change.

We'll see how your Subaru looks in 14 yrs., then we'll talk!

I understand your admiration for the Mossberg especially coming from actual use however I believe the Corps has used the 870 as a duty weapon just as much as the Mossberg. I was schooled on the 870 and it was the duty shotgun when I was in. I can't find any real good info on when each were the particular duty issue weapon though. I own both.

Military usage of a platform isn't always a great indicator of a superior weapons platform. I was issued a piece of shit 1911, used it as my duty weapon and wouldn't own one for a defensive weapon. When its design and purchase by committee compromises are sometimes made.

RYes I'm sure you did carry an 870 in Korea. My service days use of that weapon is not the only reason I chose it. I prefer the placement of the safety and the release on the Moss. Is that preference from years of use? Probably. I've never been a fan of horizantal trigger pushbutton safeties. I really like the armorlocked 887 but it's release is forward of the trigger assembly I couldn't figure out any way to get to it without using completely moving one of your hands out of position.

As you know those duty weapons have gazillions of cycles on them. So in that two years the only failures I remember is a broken firing pin that extended out of the bolt face. When the round was racked, BOOM. We carried at condition one at ALL times. So we L&L in our ready areas. That thang is a lil loud in a concrete room.

I did give all the other Shottys a look see. Actually I was set on the 930SPX and just recently decided on a pump. I would love to have a Benelli or one of the other high end combat semis. But a $1500 shotty is not going to happen right now. Read lots of 930 reviews saying the Moss could be tuned to the same performance as the high end semis for half the price. In the end I made a decision to attain some mastery of a pump before going semi auto. I could have picked up a 930 for a lil more. I will put another $250 or so in it making it fit my person and what I intend to make it. A combat shotgun.

I will also be adding a Mesa Tactical recoil reducer. Per our local shotty expert it reduces felt recoil by 85%. Plus a few Magpul items.

Edited by jagr

I like my old fart Subaru just fine, thank you.

I've done the rest...it was time for a change.

We'll see how your Subaru looks in 14 yrs., then we'll talk!

I will have this one for 4/6 years "tops". So what is this horseshit I see you mention about a jeep?