All hail the Model 60

buildit

MarlinModel60.jpg

It had been a while since I pulled it out, but the purchase of a new larger eye relief scope meant I had to do some sighting in to do. So after getting it sighted I took a 2liter soda bottle and placed it about 250ft away. If it wasn't so windy I could have blown the cap off it.;) The Marlin model 60 is what all small caliber rifles should be like. Easy to fire, accurate, easy to disassemble and clean and when I got mine only $90 (not including $36 scope now mounted). :rolleyes:

Just wanted to share the joy of a simple gun.:D

It's not real often I shoot anymore, funny now that I can walk out the back door and shoot any gun I want, but the model 60 has just been so reliable even using cheap ammo in the 1000 pack I got from Kmart years ago. I guess I was thinking about a post someone made a this summer asking what 22 rifle was best. Answer is MINE! :lol:

MarlinModel60.jpg

It had been a while since I pulled it out, but the purchase of a new larger eye relief scope meant I had to do some sighting in to do. So after getting it sighted I took a 2liter soda bottle and placed it about 250ft away. If it wasn't so windy I could have blown the cap off it.;) The Marlin model 60 is what all small caliber rifles should be like. Easy to fire, accurate, easy to disassemble and clean and when I got mine only $90 (not including $36 scope now mounted). :rolleyes:

Just wanted to share the joy of a simple gun.:D

Whats that black thing mounted to it?????? J/K iam in the market for a commercial semi-auto .22 with a optic, iam tired of letting friends and family shoot my military trainer 513t that i use for the small bore shoots at my gun club and camp perry.

That model 60 just maybe the ticket without going overboard on a 10/22, i'll look at the next gun show for one :cheers:

this is my only .22 rifle right now :(

513t003.jpg

513t009-1.jpg

Marlin 60 was my first gun they are great guns. My dad bought it for me when I was 16. shot it for over 15 years ALL the time before it started having issues. Was replaced a few years ago with a 22 with a detachable mag, the tube feed is not bad but mags are better..

My experience is that mags jam easier. Another plus is the Model 60 can be disassembled and cleaned as fast as an sks.;)