I don't understand this new craigslist spam

chevysoldier

I have been getting emails replying to my craigslist ads. They take like the first sentence, or almost the first sentence and add a question mark to the end.

For example if my ad was:

I have a brand new cell phone I am selling because I don't need it anymore. It has never been used.

The email I get is something like:

I have a brand new cell phone?

Has anyone else gotten these and what the heck is the point? It's not the typical spam/scam email...

I have been getting emails replying to my craigslist ads. They take like the first sentence, or almost the first sentence and add a question mark to the end.

For example if my ad was:

The email I get is something like:

Has anyone else gotten these and what the heck is the point? It's not the typical spam/scam email...

You respond they get your actual email then the spam/scam start coming

You respond they get your actual email then the spam/scam start coming

Yeah, but would you be dumb enough to reply to that? I could understand replying to "Hey, do you still have ****" sure, but just adding a ? to a few words from you ad? and half the time it doesn't make sense where they put the ?

I guess people out there are dumb enough to fall for it...

Ya i got one with the "Do you still have..." cause I was selling something for my grandparents and replied to them to call the number in the add and now I get more spam than I did before :nono:

They are hoping for the person that sends back "F**K OFF!!"

Ya i got one with the "Do you still have..." cause I was selling something for my grandparents and replied to them to call the number in the add and now I get more spam than I did before :nono:

They are hoping for the person that sends back "F**K OFF!!"

I send the "F" off and then filter their emails to spam folder.

I send the "F" off and then filter their emails to spam folder.

Its not their emails anymore, once they get yours. You can use a bot to spam cl, then once people respond they have the actual email instead of a coded one (if they for some reason don't have the software to crack the code). Then they can sell/spam on 1000's of throwaway addresses

I have my welder generator posted on craigslist. I used a Gmail account that I rarely check. I was not getting any response after checking that Gmail account daily. I checked that email account today, and there is a 2 week old email that asks "do you still this welder powerarc 4000".

It appears that part of the title of the ad was just copy/pasted and turned into a form of a question, instead of saying "do you still have THE welder."

I used to think the emails that had my CL title (ITEM - (LOCATION) - PRICE) in the subject and the URL at the bottom of the email were spam. I DL'ed a CL app to my phone and when I reply to an ad, it automatically adds all that so I usually change it myself so it looks like I typed it and not a computer.