And they think Americans are stupid? LOL

Casper

EU bans claim that water can prevent dehydration

Brussels bureaucrats were ridiculed yesterday after banning drink manufacturers from claiming that water can prevent dehydration.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/eu/8897662/EU-bans-claim-that-water-can-prevent-dehydration.html

:lol:

If you are dehydrated, water won't do much good and could kill you.

have you ever been seriously dehydrated? i have. i would have shot a toddler if they tried to take my water away once i finally got my hands on some. when you get to the point you have blood vessels popping out in your mouth and your body is literally to the point you cant hardly move - then come say water wont do much :lol:

have you ever been seriously dehydrated? i have. i would have shot a toddler if they tried to take my water away once i finally got my hands on some. when you get to the point you have blood vessels popping out in your mouth and your body is literally to the point you cant hardly move - then come say water wont do much :lol:

lol, I already did. Hydrates like Gatorade or such will work much faster. Yes, the water works, but can take too long when de-hydrated to the danger point. So, it's either Gatorade or a trip to the ER for help. De-hydration can shut down internal organs quickly, leaving permanent crippling damage. But that would be more like getting lost in the desert and nearly dying of thirst.

I don't drink "water" and I'm not dehydrated. I drink tea, coffee, OJ and other things that contain water, but I don't drink bottled water.

Still in America Pizza is classified as a vegetable. http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/11/18/us-usa-lunch-idUSTRE7AH00020111118

My diet says I can eat as many vegetables as I like. I'm taking my Visa card to Papa Johns. Don't wait up.

Edited by Scruit

I don't drink "water" and I'm not dehydrated. I drink tea, coffee, OJ and other things that contain water, but I don't drink bottled water...

Do you remember not long ago, the medical community insisted that caffeine dehydrated people. Well, yes, it does. But it won't even come close to removing all the water in a cup of coffee or tea. Off by a huge margin. They gave that one up, it was stupid. There is also water in pretty much all the food we eat. Lots of it.