Hand full of sweetness

scottb

Now that my FEG 9mm is functioning, I kinda like it. I made one huge improvement - I replaced to wood grips that came with the pistol to the Browning hipower contour grips. Note pistol is unloaded for the pics.

I needed to file down a bit of the plastic on the inside of the grip to fit the frame. The threaded hole on the frame was just about a half screw diameter off to allow the grips to just bolt on. I did not want to just drill out the hole on the grip, since the molded screw hole is counter sunk.

I tried using sandpaper, a file and even the wife's emory nail file board. Still wasn't removing the plastic in the way it needed to be removed. So I borrowed a Dremel and removed the plastic. I was concerned about the dremel since I did not want to melt the plastic or cause it to discolor on the outside of the grip. But it worked out fine.

Before:

FEG%252520grips%252520002.jpg

AFTER:

FEG%252520grips%252520005.jpg

Range time this weekend at Stonewall anyone?

Looks good Scott. If I had some money I would go get my lc9 out of layaway. LOL Red if you want to come up to the range I will bring my rifle rest to clamp your gun down to help you zero the scope. I would bring the buckmark indoor or out. Motozach?(sp) needs to make a range trip with us this weekend.