is this normal?

snot

My Karh .40 is not even 6 months old. I have put about 250 rounds through it and I noticed this when cleaning it (didn't notice it before when cleaning). I was told its fine but thought some of you may have a better idea of if this is normal.

The gap between the polymer and the slide.

picture.php?albumid=1320&pictureid=14903

picture.php?albumid=1320&pictureid=14904

Edited by snot

And THAT'S why I love midget chicks.

Just another reason I married this woman! :D:D:D Compared to my hands, miniscule.......but in her hands, monstrous!

In all honesty, I'd told her it looked ok to me since the steel inserts on either side of the poly were still right in the groove of the slide -- Afterall, it's plastic - heat / use would affect it to some extent right?? I'm pretty sure that some of the gap was there when it was new, but it does seem to be worsening with use -- can anyone attest having the same issues with their guns?

Snot.. how do you like shooting that Kahr? I had Lyns shoot my 709 (9mm) the other day' date=' and the recoil was more than she cared for. I'd like her to move up in caliber, but not if it comes at the cost of being able to keep her barrel on target. She handles her .380 Bersa fine and has almost no issue with recoil. She's looking to upgrade her carry weapon, but now we're not convinced she should turn away from .380ACP[/quote']

It does have some kick but I love my kahr. I have no trouble with bring accurate. The Glock .45 we took out had less recoil.