Really Yahoo/AP?

Tigerpaw

Yahoo headline reads: End of war hurting soldiers...

http://news.yahoo.com/war-drawdowns-wreak-havoc-guard-soldiers-lives-082140985.html

I got sick reading this trash.

"And unlike active-duty soldiers, Guard members may have little to go back to, if their country changes its mind." Wow. Nothing to go back to...must be real losers:rolleyes:

Deployed military can return to their same job, if they left on good terms. If your dumb ass quits...then it's your problem when you return.

If you didn't register for classes for OSU at 25 years old and return from war early...I don't think your education was derailed. Be happy with a few days away from the books, get your affairs in order, and return to school. Win/win/win.

If people believe these are issues now...wait 18+ months

My beef isn't with anyone that has a legitimate issue caused by our withdrawal/drawdown. The problem is with the examples and tone of the article. People should be happy with the wars ending, but this article wants to stir shit up. Shit that isn't even there. Also, it makes soldiers(all military) seem less than capable of handling their own business. On the verge of pitying us. Maybe I was reading into it to much, but it pissed me off regardless.

/rant off

Funny thing my brother who is 39 was at the recruiters office last Monday. If he drops a few pounds they are going to let him enlist in the Air national gaurd reserves. So I don't understand why they would tell some we don't need them but still let people enlist?

Yahoo headline reads: End of war hurting soldiers...

http://news.yahoo.com/war-drawdowns-wreak-havoc-guard-soldiers-lives-082140985.html

I got sick reading this trash.

"And unlike active-duty soldiers, Guard members may have little to go back to, if their country changes its mind." Wow. Nothing to go back to...must be real losers:rolleyes:

Deployed military can return to their same job, if they left on good terms. If your dumb ass quits...then it's your problem when you return.

If you didn't register for classes for OSU at 25 years old and return from war early...I don't think your education was derailed. Be happy with a few days away from the books, get your affairs in order, and return to school. Win/win/win.

If people believe these are issues now...wait 18+ months

My beef isn't with anyone that has a legitimate issue caused by our withdrawal/drawdown. The problem is with the examples and tone of the article. People should be happy with the wars ending, but this article wants to stir shit up. Shit that isn't even there. Also, it makes soldiers(all military) seem less than capable of handling their own business. On the verge of pitying us. Maybe I was reading into it to much, but it pissed me off regardless.

/rant off

I am still trying to figure out the purpose of that article. It sounds like the guy in the article quit his job before deployment. If your in the guard you know all about these issues. Like you said if you quit your job to deploy, your just a dumb ass. The hardest thing about this last deployment has been registering for school. You get a deployment date, you don't sign up for that semester, and then the deployment date gets pushed back several time. You could've taken that this semester after all. That happened to about a quarter of the people in the Company. They lost out on a year of classes they could have taken. They are going to bitch about it, but they aren't going to run to a reporter and cry about it.

Same thing about jobs applies to the college, if you get the college, scholarship and loan lenders a copy of your orders, you have no issues returning to school when you get back.

All this stuff is drilled into your head as a soldier. You get tired of hearing about it. I get weekly emails from a military officer and job leads. Including jobs that pay full salary while you are deployed. The lack of information has not been there. Some people just have to have something to bitch about.

The other thing that has happened are the soldiers that had no job before deployment. They were relying on this deployment as a full time job. There were a LOT of soldiers in the position.