Body Shop(Car) Recommendations?

BadTrainDriver

Well Motherfucker...

Coming home from work at 2:30AM, 2 lane road, one deer crosses in front of me from my right to left, I failed to see the second one(idiot mistake after working 16hrs.), BAM...there goes my driver side fender!

It's not too bad, didn't even dent the hood or bust the headlight...but the driver front fender and turn signal is smashed.

I'll be paying out of pocket, liability only coverage, 1998 Subaru Impreza.

I'm not looking for the best place in Columbus...more like a compromise between quality work and reasonable prices.

I'm all ears for suggestions.

Thanks!

First Impressions Columbus. http://www.firstimpressionscollision.com/

After my car was damaged and the "insurance approved" bodyshop f*cked it up 3 times in a row (runs, grit in paint, orange peel visible from 30') I demanded to take it to an indepedent shop. AmFam sent reps to the network bodyshop, agreed that the work was terrible quality and finally relented. (One bad panel was buffed and buffed and buffed so much the paint was "One good polish away from primer" according the the guy who used the paint thickness tool.

3 weeks at First Impressions, got the car back - perfect.

Soon after that my wife was in an accident and her car needed $3k of work. Refused the approved bodyshop & took it right to First Impressions. First time, perfect.

Talk to Chris - he's the man. Tell him the British guy with the black Subaru sent you. The guy is just so down-to-earth, honest and the work they do there is top quality.

If all it is is the fender, there's a couple of eBay vendors that will send you a fender painted to match your color code. I had a buddy order one and I want to say it was less than $300 painted and shipped for a new one. Also take a look at the salvage guys - call Brimms in Kenton, they ship or you could pick up out on the rail...

I guess the moral of this story is if you have a 10mm wrench, I'm not sure you need a body shop.

Sent you a PM with Kevin's number. Clifford Automotive is great. Kevin's been a friend of mine since high school.

i saw a paint job that guy did on Cam's old orange GT (now rob's), it was HORRIBLE! Orange peel everywhere, fisheyes, i could of did what he did with spray paint and did a better job! Idk if that was just a cheap quick job, but after seeing how that looked i wouldn't want him to come near our cars!