My truck re-construction project.

Beegreenstrings

I have way too many projects going right now. But I also have a time line on one. I made a deal with a new found friend of mine to do some body work/modification to the F150 I got off of my fiance.

I started my side of the work last night. Oh my, did I get a surprise.

History... she purchased this truck with issues. I did my best to fix the issues. The biggy was the speed-o. Come to find out it was not a cable feed it was electronic. We got most of it fixed, but we still have a small dancing issue in the gauge itself. Other issues small spot of bubbles starting to work their was through the extended cab of the drivers side (my new found buddy will fix that for me as soon as I remove the ground effects). This freek she got it from put all of this flex loop on every wire and every hose under the hood. Fog lights and wires everywhere, neons hanging on the frame rails. Which most of it went in the trash last night. I decided to leave the one hose barely visible in PIC two. I think he must have changed that hose because it is almost rubbing against the air pump. Have to look into that one some more later. PIC one shows the garbage left after I cut a half a million zip ties off last night.

The pics show the rear lowering kit, What a joke... The trailer plug we had no idea it had. That rear valance has to come off for a new bumper placement. Lowering kit is coming off... The Axle will get flipped back over, new blocks and U-bolts. Then I will move to the front. Ideally I want to return it to a stock height. It is too low to take anywhere at the time.

I love these old flaresides! Nice trucks. Great gearing and with the 5.0 roller this one has it will shit and get in a hurry.

Edited by Beegreenstrings

Don't be too quick to blame the PO for the hacked up lowering kit. That truck looks like it was probably done by one of the conversion companies that did/does conversion vans. The two tone fade paint job, ground effects, and "knuckle-buster" offset wheels are pretty typical of mid-90's pickup conversions.

Yeah I know. It is all the other crap he attempted.

You know out of everything I am coming across. The shabby lowering kit. The crap he did inside. The crap under the hood. The company that hid a pigtail connector under the rear gas tank and behind the ground F/x is waht kills me. You could not connect to that thing if you wanted to. Right up against the F/x

Yeah I know. It is all the other crap he attempted.

You know out of everything I am coming across. The shabby lowering kit. The crap he did inside. The crap under the hood. The company that hid a pigtail connector under the rear gas tank and behind the ground F/x is waht kills me. You could not connect to that thing if you wanted to. Right up against the F/x

Safety feature... They knew what would happen if you hooked a 5000 lb trailer up to it.:nono:

It will be used when I am done.

(funny my dad swung by earlier and worked on it a little. Must be nice to be retired. Sent me a email a little bit ago with what he had done. For him to say he was impressed with what I accomplished last night makes me feel good. He also sent me a link with a twin turbo kit for this exact vehicle. I think that is a little much. I was thinking maybe a Novi system at the most with maybe a Cervinis Ram Air functional hood).

Call out to all of the car parts guys.

I need a bumper for this beast. It is a 1993 Flareside extended cab.

Some had bumpers and some did not. I either need to find one used. Chrome or painted does not matter. New or used whatever. I am not having any luck! Flea-bay LMC hell I even reposted to craigslist. Maybe one of the killers on there will murder someone that has the same truck.

Keep your eyes peeled for me.

Edited by Beegreenstrings

I used to run Pick-N-Pull on Groveport Road - we were the highest volume salvage yard in Columbus. I can tell you with some confidence that if you find a stepside in a salvage yard in Columbus, the bed will be worthless or already gone. Fact. :D