dot sights.

speedytriple

Not bad for a high-end cheapie. I'm sure it performs up to its price, but its not a true holographic sight and isn't truly paralax free. I did a lot of research before I bought my optic and eventually took the advice of.the gun dudes podcast: buy once, cry once, and saved up for an eotech. In the end, I wanted to build a military quality weapon and went with an optic that has seen years of action in the field and proved its toughness and reliability. Not being a snob or shitting.on your optic, I've shot my friends rifles with less expensive red dots similar to the vortex and was impressed, but not as much as I am by the eotech.

I'm sure someone.out there with a trijicon ACOG will say ours are both crap.

The Vortex is a excellent site. I had one for a while. The first gen's were OK the seconds that are out now are better. buttons react better. I am hoping they go as far to add the 3rd fiber to them and make it a 3 color site. red green is too over played. The Blue would be best in my opinion and have given so accordingly.

Dont count vortex as a cheapie company. They are growing. Especially with the introduction of the PST's and the Razor HD's and starting to get the military contacts that they have been hoping for from the beginning. They have pushed their way right up into the upper brass.

ACOG and EOTEChs in my opinion are over priced! Is a ACOG all that great really. I really dont think so... I have used and tested just about all of them. I have shot for bushnell, Alpen (which is desperatly slow in the optics field) and vortex.

Vortex has given me the most pleasure working with them. Bushnell and Alpen have finally produced a quality optic.

Truthfully when it comes to AR optic choices. My first choice falls with the new 1x4-24 PST from Vortex. I true glass etched optic. The second would be the Burris 223 optic. A multi dot bullet comp optic. Third would be a eotech. Then a ACOG.

Edited by Beegreenstrings

I had mine for 2 years on my M&P15T. It worked really well. The magnifier "thank-you thank-you" came out when I was switching to regular glass on my 24" model. Since the other one is not built yet I have not replaced it yet with the new model. I will have both for my new one. A Viper PST 1x4-24 and a Strikefire with the swing out magnifier.

My strikefire, I cannot complain about. It worked awesome. Never failed me and could be fired from any position. Worked flawlessly even the weekend in NC with my Bro-in-law where we shot on Friday with the AR's put them up and did pistol drills through sunday and then pulled it back out to realize I had left the sight on. Still worked fine. Run continous for 3 days with no issues.

The bad to me was the extra 2x magnifier that comes with it. I did not care for it and poked and proded for a 3x swingout. Sure enough when I get rid of mine and they send me the new catalog to look at, there it is.

I like big open sights and optics on CQC rifles and carbines. I dont like to have to look for a dot or a crosshair to be ready to fire. The 2x tightened the objective up so tight I had to actually stop and look to find my target. No No.

Optics and glass effect everyone differently. Like my reading glasses I have my dad cant use. His I feel like the nerdy chicken of off a frog horn leg horn cartoon.

My best knowledge I can give to you is to take them out and try them. Prety much it sounds like everyone on here has something different, for the most part.

My advise would be to head to one of the outings when a bunch of us are going and try the stuff out. Try the Eotec try the strikefire, walther, acog, and whatever else they might have. I found a couple weeks ago I really like the walther red dot since it was a lot easier to have both eyes open scanning and to bring the rifle right up on target with it. Not my first option but definetly nothing wrong with it.

The Vortex is a excellent site. I had one for a while. The first gen's were OK the seconds that are out now are better. buttons react better. I am hoping they go as far to add the 3rd fiber to them and make it a 3 color site. red green is too over played. The Blue would be best in my opinion and have given so accordingly.

Dont count vortex as a cheapie company. They are growing. Especially with the introduction of the PST's and the Razor HD's and starting to get the military contacts that they have been hoping for from the beginning. They have pushed their way right up into the upper brass.

ACOG and EOTEChs in my opinion are over priced! Is a ACOG all that great really. I really dont think so... I have used and tested just about all of them. I have shot for bushnell, Alpen (which is desperatly slow in the optics field) and vortex.

Vortex has given me the most pleasure working with them. Bushnell and Alpen have finally produced a quality optic.

Truthfully when it comes to AR optic choices. My first choice falls with the new 1x4-24 PST from Vortex. I true glass etched optic. The second would be the Burris 223 optic. A multi dot bullet comp optic. Third would be a eotech. Then a ACOG.

+1 to everything said about Vortex. Their PST and Razor lines are top notch. I would take a PST 1-4 or Razor 1-4 over an ACOG.

Edited by flounder