Open Carry vs. CCW

madcat6183

If you have a professional encounter with a Park Ranger' date=' you're required by law to inform them that you're armed.[/quote']

That is a good point, but we are allowed to carry concealed in state parks and rest areas so the officer should have no reason to feel uneasy or give his opinion when no laws are being broken. Why talking to a Ranger anyways?:confused:

Who do you think pulls you over for speeding on a motorcycle in a park? Also' date=' since when does common sense and application of law dictate how an officer will react to anything?[/quote']

Didn't read that he got pulled over by a Ranger for speeding in a Park, but yeah that would do it.;) There are lots of good law enforcement out there and I know a few of them, but just like anything else, all idiots no matter who they are or what they do tend to trump the good ones.

If you do open carry do not ever touch that gun unless your in danger and ready to draw in view of anyone not even to adjust it or making sure it is still there that action may cause you serious problems with the LEO's. If your someone that has a habit of adjusting your weapon when carrying I would suggest you do not open carry. Someone sees you touch it you may very well end up charged with inducing panic and spending big $$$ in attorney fees.

I'm constantly adjusting it. Guess I'm not an OC candidate. Maybe it's because I have yet to find a holster that is really comfortable.

NoBama 2012

If it is concealed how did the rangers even know you were carrying?

Got pulled over on the dual sport, ranger wanted to make sure it was street legal. I informed him I had a ccw on me, he was a little set back and kinda gave me a hard time about riding a bike with a weapon on my person. I informed him that it was legal for me to do so, guess he did not like me telling him the law? After two trips back to his car and 15 mins he let me go. No speeding but the park rangers don't like when I ride my "dirt bike" that's all muddy around the park. Guess they think I was riding off road in the park?

Edited by speedytriple

Got pulled over on the dual sport, ranger wanted to make sure it was street legal. I informed him I had a ccw on me, he was a little set back and kinda gave me a hard time about riding a bike with a weapon on my person. I informed him that it was legal for me to do so, guess he did not like me telling him the law? After two trips back to his car and 15 mins he let me go. No speeding but the park rangers don't like when I ride my "dirt bike" that's all muddy around the park. Guess they think I was riding off road in the park?

Ah......now it all makes sense. And I am always carrying one of my pistols when I ride, I would have a Winchester model 1887 mounted for the bike like the terminator had if I could.:D