RC51 Streetfighter Project

cOoTeR

Heres some pics similar to what I want to do with this build.

I like this first one except for the huge gap between the seat and tire. I know that lowering it will change the ride but I'm not looking to race it or take cross country trips on it. picture.php?albumid=1403&pictureid=15028&thumb=1

This one is the most like what Im thinking except I'd lower the rear, and I'm going to keep the front fender. Mabey fab up some V-Max style scoops for the radiators. Have some classic red paint on it. Maybe some barend mirrors.

picture.php?albumid=1403&pictureid=15029&thumb=1

I kind of like these 2 the one on the right is actually an RC51.

picture.php?albumid=1403&pictureid=15031&thumb=1 picture.php?albumid=1403&pictureid=15033&thumb=1

I like the exhaust on this but I dont think the V-Twin will run to well with something like this or will be too loud.

picture.php?albumid=1403&pictureid=15030&thumb=1

I want it to kind of have an old school look like this just aggressive like a sportbike.

picture.php?albumid=1403&pictureid=15032&thumb=1

Well thats pretty much where my ideas are at right now to give you an idea. I know its the opposite of what everyone else thinks will be sweet but I dont care its what I want not others.

Edited by cOoTeR

you wanna turn a honda into a Buell? :wtf:

A buell with big ugly radiators hanging off the sides no less :p

I am in full support of ratting out an RC51, but there's a reason that the chopper/bobber crowd usually favors air-cooled engines.

Radiators are hard to make aesthetically pleasing. I've seen a few people relocate them, but that can reek havoc on your cooling efficiency (which is already a bit of an issue with the RC...), so the next best bet is to make and paint a radiator guard to cover it a bit, without restricting much air-flow.

I'm casually looking for a Katana 750, or F2/F3 to rat out, so i've been weighing the pros and cons of liquid vs. air cooling. An RC would be badass, but ambitious.

you wanna turn a honda into a Buell? :wtf:

I'm torn because I do enjoy it being custom and different but at the same time have trouble understanding why you wanna turn a sportbike into a bobber

Mainly because it was super cheap, I really love the rc51, I really like the streetfighter look but hate the tail on most of them. The main reason is the same as why you don't understand it, not a lot of people are doing it and they don't like it but I do. I'm not going to turn it into a rigid like a true bobber. I want it to not really fit any class of bike.

Mainly because it was super cheap, I really love the rc51, I really like the streetfighter look but hate the tail on most of them. The main reason is the same as why you don't understand it, not a lot of people are doing it and they don't like it but I do. I'm not going to turn it into a rigid like a true bobber. I want it to not really fit any class of bike.

I am by no means hating on your idea, just intrigues me. Plus I really wanted to make a Buell poke :D