3 gun combo for when shtf

Carwhore

I've been sitting around here today on my day off thinking about and playing with my guns.

When shtf what 3 gun combo would you carry with you. And when I say carry with you I mean 3 guns max on your person if you would have to be on the move on foot. And explain your choices.

My choices:

1.) my saiga ak

Why: plent of ammo, lots of surplus. It was down between this and my ar10. This gun will be lighter and easier to source ammo. High capacity.

2.) kel-tec pmr 30

Why: 19oz fully loaded. 30 round capacity. Plent of ammo, great for small game and zombie head shots.

3.) kel-tec KSG shot gun

Why: 14 round capacity. 26". Tons and tons of ammo. Tons of different loads. Light for what it is.

If we're considering only what we actually own, it would be my 30-30 Marlin (don't have a good rifle selection ), Nova HD 12 Gauge, and my Beretta M9 (my highest capacity and I can hit what I'm pointing at).

I really need an AK/AR... actually researching a Steyr AUG right now. We'll see.

My trusty 870 tac

Short and compact for the most part (with the folding stock in place). Easily slung over the shoulder in the ready position or velcroed to my backpack.

My freshly built AR carbine

Even though it is toting a 18" barrel it is a mid-bull stainless. Will last for a while of blasting if need be and is pretty accurate out past 200 yds with just the speed dot on it.

And my s&w 1911

Come on its a 1911. Its the hand gun I go to regardless of the situation. I have a small baggy of spare parts and springs in my go bag for it. Its the most trusted of the three. and if the shit hits the fan.... Well you can have it when you pry it out of my cold dead hands.

Edited by Beegreenstrings

I've been sitting around here today on my day off thinking about and playing with my guns.

When shtf what 3 gun combo would you carry with you. And when I say carry with you I mean 3 guns max on your person if you would have to be on the move on foot. And explain your choices.

My choices:

1.) my saiga ak

Why: plent of ammo, lots of surplus. It was down between this and my ar10. This gun will be lighter and easier to source ammo. High capacity.

2.) kel-tec pmr 30

Why: 19oz fully loaded. 30 round capacity. Plent of ammo, great for small game and zombie head shots.

3.) kel-tec KSG shot gun

Why: 14 round capacity. 26". Tons and tons of ammo. Tons of different loads. Light for what it is.

Same as yours John and for the same reasons, my AK just isnt a Saiga. And order your PMR now instead of waiting for tax money because they are a wait too. I have the PMR, RMR, KSG and Sub2000 all on order.

I would totally have untested weapons on my list too.

Just say you'll carry a whole trifecta of unavailable weapons.

That will totally stop the bad guys. :lol:

Nope.. I don't like the "guns you will own soon" business. Shit has just fucking hit the prop. Time to get to high ground. Your gun wish list is irrelevant.

What's in the bag?

Interesting, just had a conversation like this earlier today! I'm have on hand: Remington 870 Marine Magnum, Glock(s) and Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan. Coming near me with ill intents will be like sticking their hand in a badger's hole...

I would totally have untested weapons on my list too.

Just say you'll carry a whole trifecta of unavailable weapons.

That will totally stop the bad guys. :lol:

I have a large selection of tested weapons to use til the two in question show up. 1 of which I hope to see within a few days.

But to make you and Pauly happy I will pick 3up on hand.

G19

The 18" 870

AK

I guess I did not really put any thought into my choices I just went with what I would actually grab in a Oh shit situation. Trying to get a grasp on it. I still think I would go with what I got listed. The 24" bull AR is just too big and bulky if I have to move fast. Be a pain if I have to get out of the truck and on a bike as well. Where as the three I have could be easily transported on a bike or in a ready position in a vehicle or even be toted easily on a horse.

Of course that is just me. I did not think I could make Rikki tote that monster and the 308 :D

Remington 870 with extended mag tube, side swing 6 position stock, pistol grip, and rails.

Just gotta have a shottie.

AR15 either bushmaster shorter with quad rails, forward grip, magpul sling, six position stock, and light.

Availability of ammo and parts, and capacity plus I have a quite a bit of ammo.

FNP-45

15+1 or 14+1 (depending on mag) of 45 acp.

My wifie would probably take

Either her Springfield EMP or the Springfield Range Officer (she likes 1911's)

Savage 17hmr rifle

Plenty of ammo on hand and good for small game

The other AR probably the Colt HBAR 20" heavy barrel with iron sights. I bought it for me, but she has grown attached to it.

We won't be travelling too far in shtf, we will be bunkering in.

Edited by crb

Depending on he situation I would most likely be taking up a defensive position somewhere so I would have my long range ar. Its going to take someone a long time to close the distance i can cover with it. The new ar build is prob the number two mainly for if someone actually made it past my defensive perimeter. And the 9mm would be for when all else has failed.