Paint removal

Saacattack

So my winter project has slowly begun lol I want to remove the paint off my rims (I don't think they are power coated considering he did it in his garage and got paint everywhere) and I want them back to stock color without having to repaint them. I can slowly hand pick some of the paint off (yellow paint) but didn't know if there was a paint removal out there that wouldn't ruin the wheels. The black paint I can't pick off(on rims and pegs) any suggestions? I'm also trying to avoid paying someone else to do it. I've got the time to do it so, we'll see lol

298.jpg

302.jpg

When a friend of mine was polishing wheels/frames - he used "aircraft stripper" ( think he bought it at a local autoparts store ) on my wheels before and it took all the paint off quickly and easily - just dab on with a paintbrush and let it sit for a bit until the paints bubbled up, then rinse off with the garden hose - then you can either repaint yourself or have them powdercoated

When a friend of mine was polishing wheels/frames - he used "aircraft stripper" ( think he bought it at a local autoparts store ) on my wheels before and it took all the paint off quickly and easily - just dab on with a paintbrush and let it sit for a bit until the paints bubbled up, then rinse off with the garden hose - then you can either repaint yourself or have them powdercoated

I used aircraft coating remover on what was left of the paint on the frame of my Bronco. Some areas took two applications, but it was simple. Dab on thick with paintbrush, wait 30 mins, scrape off.

Don't let the stuff touch your skin or you'll feel it start to burn after a few seconds. Be careful if you use a wire brush as it can flick the gelp up onto your arms - same effect.

Aircraft stripper is awesome stuff, but it will take EVERYTHING off. Acetone will take some elbow grease, but is much less violent with the factory paint. It might lighten the black a little bit, depending on how good that factory paint is.

Brake fluid might work too, but that's probably more likely to damage the factory paint than acetone.

• 3 weeks later...

i would go with the acetone... prolly gonna haze the old paint too though...he might of painted em because factory paint was chipped or scratched.... id strip it completely and have em powder coated... not as expensive as you think( thats just me though) good luck