Paypal bullsh*t!

Beegreenstrings

I ordered a package and paid via paypal. I cancelled it about an hour later. (Turned out it was an older model and parts were impossible to find) 2 business days later I finally got a shipping notification, then a "You can't cancel, we shipped already" email. I b*tched them out about ignoring my cancellation email for 2 days and they finaly agreed that they'd refund me in full if I refused the package when it arrived and it went back unopened.

I refused the package, and it started its way back to the seller.

Then something weird happened... It was redirected back to me again... Nobody knows why. It was halfway back to the seller and it suddenly turned around and headed back towards Ohio. When my mailman saw the same package again, he refused it again for me, and sent it back towards the seller again.

Two problems: 1) The package was lost during second transit back to the seller. 2) The second time the mailman saw that same package he fatfingered his computer and accidentally listed the package as "delivery attemped", not as "refused"

This is the bind it got me into:

- The seller wouldn't refund until it came back to them.

- Paypal wouldn't refund because "The package is still in transit towards you, delivery attempted"

- USPS said; "Lost? Have the sender file a claim - you have no standing."

Seller flat out refused to refund until they got it back, falsely claiming that I am responsible for it during return shipping because it was refused and I became the new "sender".

USPS said the seller was still the sender, and stopped talking to me.

Paypal ruled against me on my refund request FOUR TIMES because; "The package is in transit towards you, status is [Delivery Attempted], wait for next delivery attempt."

Each time Paypal ruled against me I went through the horrible process of getting access to a human on the phone (have to get a special phone number and rotating code that is only good for a few minutes - even if you call the number, no code or invalid code = call dropped by the automated system. After getting onto a human, EACH TIME they agreed that the seller is responsible for the USPS claim and I should get a refund. "Let me add that not to your accound and I'll submit it as an appeal". DENIED again, each time.

Finally I sent them a notarized letter from the USPS saying; "This package was refused and lost during return transit. If found, it will be returned to sender. The delivery-attempt status is incorrect but we cannot fix it in the computer."

FINALLY, after another denial, I spoke with a manager who admitted that the disputes are not determined by people, they are determined by a computer. The computer takes the tracking number, looks at the online status and will automatically deny any claim where the package is pending a delivery attempt. And they have no way to stop that automatic denial. They credited me the full amount of the sale as a "Gesture of goodwill, sorry we couldn't make it right for you but we can't change how the dispute software works. The appeal will still show you lost, and the seller will keep the money you send them - this is free money coming from paypal as an apology."

About a week later I got as refund from the seller. I called paypal again, let them know I got my refund and they could take their "goodwill" money back. They did, and told me that they had explained the seller's shipping responsibility to them and the seller was told they HAD to refund me. This was all done by humans behind the computer's back.

What a crock. SKYNet is real.